Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

SLOB

12/13/15 @ 1:26 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05
I hear a lot of people call big deer "SLOBS"! Is "SLOB" an acronym for something?

I've also heard words like "TOAD", "FREAK", "TANK", "BEAST", and "PIG" used to describe big deer.

Thoughts on this folks?

Puke

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 29 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/4/16 @ 1:18 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I never even realized it before, but I do use "beast" to describe large deer we get on the trail cam.  I noticed it over the weekend when showing my friend a pic of this beast six pointer we got on cam.

10/3/16 @ 6:46 PM
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05

What's a "Hit List" buck?

10/3/16 @ 1:10 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I heard Behemoth the other day,  that's pretty lame.  I never saw what i'd call a Behemoth in Wisconsin yet.  Behemoth to me would be a 180 inch.  I'm always hunting in the wrong woods.

I do see a ton of trail cam pics of 180 inch Behemoth's ( 150's is everyone 180's )

9/30/16 @ 2:21 PM
BrianWI_
BrianWI_
User since 6/19/09

#bucklivesmatter

8/22/16 @ 8:32 PM
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05

I heard someone today call a buck a "whale"? 

2/1/16 @ 8:37 PM
rePLOW
User since 4/26/13
The "why my bow is the best ever made" topics were always full of compelling info supported by facts and in no way had any stupidity in them. *note extreme sarcasm*

1/5/16 @ 12:31 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
Oh man I've seen way worse. undoubtedly dumb...but I have seen MANY that will make you spit out your coffee.

12/23/15 @ 3:13 PM
dc cady
User since 3/10/07
To each his/her own. Everyone's land is different. Everyone's situation is different. Everyone's thoughts are different. Do it legally and respectfully and never mind what others say or think. The prize is the privilege to hunt as freely as we can in this state and country.My expectations change from year to year depending on my situation.I always congratulate a hunter on their kill, buck/doe/big/small. This was my 39th gun season and I have seen many changes in my brief time on this planet.It was my first year hunting w/o my father. I did much more reflecting on past hunts than probably paying attention to my current hunt but that's ok. Bickering and degrading others is just not the way it should be between us hunters. All have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday. DC Cady

12/23/15 @ 2:32 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
Exactly Granpa!

Everyone wants to kill a SLOB. They all say they don't care, but when they do most cart that deer around town till it rots. If you hunt public or don't have great land it turns into jealousy...that turns into picking towards others for what they have. That's how i see it most of the time.

thou shall not covet thy neighbors goods....

12/23/15 @ 9:23 AM
browning3
browning3
User since 5/23/02
No! "TURD" is more like a spike.

Puke

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 29 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.