SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Sheboygan County

10/24/17 @ 6:13 PM
INITIAL POST
d-neck
User since 1/2/03

Haven't made it out yet due to shoulder surgery.

What everyone seeing? Rubs, srapes,deer?

Thanks 

D

Displaying 1 to 15 of 25 posts
10/28/20 @ 4:58 PM
TBoldt
User since 10/13/04

Was out yesterday. Probably shouldn't have bothered as the wind was swirling around on a creek bottom.  No scrapes yet.  Did notice alot of hunters out on my drive in.

10/28/20 @ 1:37 PM
d-neck
User since 1/2/03

Hey PT,

I live in Ozaukee Co. and hunt Sheboygan Co.

Haven't been out since Sat. evening seeing 4 doe, no shot.

Trying to get out there today after work, won't be able to next week with the time change.

I did notice a few scraps appearing.

Any one else been out?

D

10/24/20 @ 11:50 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Coyote 

10/24/20 @ 8:11 AM
Patrick Thomas
User since 11/14/17

Hello D-neck,

Not sure if you live in Sheboygan county or hunt here.  I am both.  I hope your shoulder is on the mend.  If it waa rotator cuff I sympathize as I had that surgery a few years back, by Dr. Sellinger who has since retired.  Seeing this is a sheb. County forum...has anyone seen a wolf this far south?  The first weekend I was walking to my stand and in the distance was a nice buck in full velvet. He stared intensely over his shoulder & never looked at me.  When he did he quickly turned his stare to over his shoulder again. I assumed he heard a person as it was a different look than when a deer looks behind at deer that are following.  After at least a minute he sprung away at full throttle & I looked thru the camera I always take...looked trying to see what had the buck on edge.  Now over the years I have seen multiple coyotes.  Most have been kinda scragly, maybe 40-60 pounds with a narrow face.  This one...if it is one was over 6 feet long when running and he looked much bigger than ANY coyote I've ever seen. Plus his head was rounder & his ears shorter.  The even more unreal thing is two days later he was laying in The same spot around the same time.  In the past I've only seen coyotes with very little afternoon light left.  These sightings were both around 4pm.  I'm going to upload a pic of the buck plus the predator.  I contacted the DNR who claimed there are no wolf's in this area.  Anybody want to end the debate I have inside my head...coyote or wolf.   No matter what there are so many fawns this year & hate the fact that there are predators that are becoming so brazen, by being in wide open places in total daylight.  I realize it's all part of nature, but I know, if I had a rifle, I'm pretty certain what would have happened...more fawns would have grown into 4-6 pointers next year.  Take care of your shoulder.  Do the pully exercise...with one mounted above so you can pull your recovering arm up with your other.  Getting your range of motion back is key.  Just trying to help.  Good luck

10/20/20 @ 9:14 AM
d-neck
User since 1/2/03

Between the 4 of us Sat am 1 friend  saw 1 doe, my son seen small 6pt.

all to far away, did notice some more rubs and 1 scrap.

Would like to get out this week after work.

Anybody else out!

D

10/15/20 @ 11:23 AM
d-neck
User since 1/2/03

HSH,

Same for us, early had some nice bucks during daylight.

We will have 4 of us hunting Sat am.

I will report back, with what we see.

D

10/12/20 @ 2:01 PM
HuntSleepHunt
User since 10/17/16

Hey d-neck!  I’ve been out a handful of times this year so far. Early part of the season when we had the brief cold snap I was able to see several bucks during daylight. Can’t say I’ve seen much since for bucks, but hoping that the colder weather coming later this week will get them on their feet again during shooting light. I was fortunate to take a doe last week so meat in the freezer!

10/12/20 @ 10:42 AM
d-neck
User since 1/2/03

Seen a few rubs and 4 coyote yesterday morning

10/10/20 @ 10:42 AM
d-neck
User since 1/2/03

Any reports this year yet??

I am heading out tomorrow morning.

11/3/19 @ 7:11 AM
HuntSleepHunt
User since 10/17/16

I’m hearing from friends who have seen rut activity pick up in the past few days, but I have not seen anything that would suggest it’s fully on yet. Hopefully that happens this coming week when I’m off of work!  I will report back. Good Luck and remember, aim small miss small!

10/25/19 @ 8:55 AM
d-neck
User since 1/2/03

Anyone been out?

I'll be out this weekend, I will report what I see.

D

10/31/18 @ 8:37 PM
TBoldt
User since 10/13/04

Pretty slow for me today.  Does with fawns and heard one buck grunting but never saw it.  Pretty wet where I usually hunt.  Can hear deer a long way off.  Public land.

10/30/18 @ 12:31 PM
d-neck
User since 1/2/03

Was out Thursday Night, Friday am & pm, and Saturday.

Most movement was Friday morning, seen 10 deer(doe small bucks)

My son seen a 6pt grunting and chasing a doe saturday.

More scraps and rubs daily.

Should heat up yhis weekend!!

Good luck

D

9/29/18 @ 10:10 AM
HuntSleepHunt
User since 10/17/16

Good movement early this morning. Decided to take a doe. Now I can let the woods alone for a few weeks!

7/26/18 @ 8:43 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

At least a couple times a week the wife and I take evening drives to look for deer. Last night we saw a pretty decent buck out in a soybean field, we were able to stop and watch him through the binoculars for quite while! That sure gets me amped for the upcoming season!!!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 25 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE