LOGIN
Lake-Link

Scent Cover up

11/10/15 @ 5:46 PM
ORIGNAL POST
FISH-EM
FISH-EM
User since 5/12/09
Hey guys I was just wondering what you guys do to cover your scent out in the woods. I spray down and put boot pads on with doe urine and all my clothes are washed in that laundry soap. I know some say they don't have to see you they can just smell you.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/11/15 @ 1:25 AM
Tree stand whacker
Tree stand whacker
User since 1/4/13
I've been having great luck this year with carbon synergy. I dipped all my clothes in it before season. Everything from base layer, to outer layer, to socks. Keep it all in a sealed container when I'm not hunting. Only get dressed in the field. I spray down with carbon synergy every time I go out. Theres no magic potion to beat a whitetails nose. But I have had my best luck with this method this year. I have had countless deer strait down wind of me and I was just waiting for them to lift their nose and take off, but they never did! I would definitely give this product a try!

11/10/15 @ 9:58 PM
flyguy329
User since 1/25/06
Find a dead skunk and roll around on it for a bit....Stinks but even you wont be able to smell your own farts!

11/10/15 @ 9:51 PM
Torrent1
User since 4/25/14
I go in as scent free as possible, spray clothes outside etc. The only cover scent I've that works is evercalm. I honestly know it works I haven't had a deer jump string on me or even try in 3 years of using it. once a deer gets were they can smell it (inside 30yds is where I put it out) I've actually watched them calm down.

11/10/15 @ 7:30 PM
youngfisher24
youngfisher24
User since 12/20/11
I've been using down wind spray on my clothes I also use tinks hot shot Doe estrus in a spray can while I'm in the stand spray every thirty mins or so I shot a nice 6 2 weekends ago he came in thinking the hot doe was there

11/10/15 @ 7:11 PM
FISH-EM
FISH-EM
User since 5/12/09
So I guess I'm not doing anything to wrong. I have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

11/10/15 @ 6:40 PM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06
Scent free wash, air dry and store outside in a plastic tote that has leaves in it. On my way out to my stands I would stop at the wife's garden and walk through some of her herbs. Then she caught me walking in the herbs and pulled them out of the garden to dry.

11/10/15 @ 6:23 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
I wash my clothes in sport wash, dry them outside and store them in a "scent proof" bag. In the bag I have a charcoal closet deodorizing gel pack. For a spray, I mix distilled water with some backing soda and a splash of hydrogen peroxide. Then I always snap off a pine branch and crumple it up and rub it on my clothes on the way in. It's not magic, I still get busted...but I'm not spending $50 on gimmicks (my opinion) and getting busted by downwind deer.

11/10/15 @ 6:22 PM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
Nothing! I always believed the best scent was no scent. When I was younger I would use doe pee, skunk scent, fox pee, or whatever was the hot cover scent of the year. As often as not I would have deer spook or act worried when they smelled it.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.