SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Reports from the stand 2022

9/16/22 @ 10:27 AM
INITIAL POST
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Look forward to hearing activity from the stand.  Be safe-wear a harness.  Should be fun.

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
10/25/22 @ 8:19 AM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
User since 6/8/07

Late post, shot last Sunday AM. Frontal shot, head was looking all the way back. 50 yds. Generally not one to post gory pics, but that blood trail was ??????. 

Reports from the stand 2022 photo by standard_lengthy
10/16/22 @ 4:55 PM
bass423
PRO MEMBER User since 3/1/12

I hunted Fri, afternoon with no deer seen. Sat. afternoon I saw 6 doe and a small basket 8 pt.  Nothing this morning and them came home to watch the hapless Packers, shoulda stayed and hunted!  Better times are coming.  Saw the first scrapes and rubs last Sun. and they have been getting hit again this weekend but likely at night.  No mature bucks on the camers yet.

10/16/22 @ 3:32 PM
lovestofishnhunt
PRO MEMBER User since 6/13/06

On my way out this morning and happened to come across these...all within 5 yards of each other... accidentally kicked the buck out of his bed a ways further down my exit route.  Pretty happy to find these on public.

Reports from the stand 2022 photo by lovestofishnhunt
10/16/22 @ 8:12 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Hung this stand a week ago.  Got ready at 15 minutes to shooting light, no arrows.  Fell out of quiver.   Found 3 of 4, back in tree.   No deer but nice to be out.  Haven't seen a rub or scrape yet.  

10/3/22 @ 11:18 AM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

Taylor County, Jump River, WI: LOTS of foliage yet made it tough to see anything but my son & I did hear several.

LOTS of coyotes at night.  As I was heading out to sit yesterday morning, a group cut loose on my 40 and across the road.  Went back to bed...

10/1/22 @ 7:47 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Hunting out of a double ladder stand with my 9 year-old daughter.  Had a spike within 10 yards at 730.  Hung around a while.  Fun start.

9/29/22 @ 8:19 AM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Awesome, glad you found it. 

9/28/22 @ 11:04 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Bow hunting guy, agree not the best option.  Worked out well, didn’t go far.  Glad the result I wanted.

9/28/22 @ 7:34 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Quartering to is usually a heartbreak shot. 2 hours will likely not be enough time. At that angle you hit one lung and exited gut, so the deer will likely be alive well into the night. They can do extraordinary things with one lung. Best leave it till tomorrow. I wish you the best. 

9/28/22 @ 6:05 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Public land se mn.  Up by 5.  20 minutes ago, 2 deer come at me, on trail I used.   Were 10 yards before I saw.  Took hard quartering to show knowing exit is through guts.  Ran 10 yards, stopped, then slowly walked off.  Pass through.  Some blood and guts on arrow.   Will track 2 hours from now.  Back up and ready.  We're silent dispite no wind and dry leaves

9/21/22 @ 5:29 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

So much for the cold front.  70, sunny, bugs, some wind.  Spooked small buck on way in on edge of prairie.  Now the waiting game.

9/17/22 @ 8:37 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Two down.   Watched 2 for 30 minutes browsing finally gave me a 5 yard shot, so filled a cwd tag in mn.  20 minutes later, big doe runs right in, pauses at 8 yards, double lung her.  Crazy fun morning.  Now the work begins.   More tags, public land

Reports from the stand 2022 photo by IceFishBaby
Reports from the stand 2022 photo by IceFishBaby
Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE