MORE
Archery

Public Land Scouting/Hunting Spot

11/4/22 @ 9:07 AM
INITIAL POST
fishon909
fishon909
User since 1/17/13
Have been hunting public land SE Wisconsin for years. Generally when I see a bunch of hunter sign I steer clear of an area (assuming it is either getting hunted or the deer have figured it out). This year I was running camera in a deep public land spot. Started running the camera in May/June timeframe. The area looked promising and as the rut started the action picked up . I spent about three hunts there (same tree). Went back to check my camera and found that someone put a cell camera right next to mine. They also had left their climber on the exact tree I was hunting in. Public land - anyone can use the land and I am all for it. Was more disappointed that the spot was ruined (deer activity went completely down on camera). Wanted to see what other people do in that situation. I ended up pulling my camera and vacating the area. Too much hunter sign never seems to produce good deer hunting but it seemed odd to have someone come in and "claim" the area by leaving their climber on the tree and putting a cam right by mine.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 45 posts
3/16/23 @ 5:51 AM
Deadbucksdontlie
User since 1/10/19
First it was the western states, now I see Kansas has outlawed cameras on public land. I hope Wis follows suit, as fewer guys tromping up the woods would lead to a better hunting experience for all imo.    There's a lot of chatter of how poor the hunting is on public land, this would be an easy rule change that I feel could make the public land hunt a better one.   

Looking to dig into more data?

Step up and unlock historical postings by upgrading to Lake-Link Pro for as little as $2.99!

More Info

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE