Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Price County deer hunting

11/3/15 @ 10:02 AM
ORIGNAL POST
wale
User since 2/12/13
Just want to start this because I'm not always up but like to know what is happening. So hopefully there is people that are hunting up here.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 85 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/26/19 @ 9:52 PM
Drawsbaby
User since 5/7/03

Hunted dark to dark last 4 days. Seen nothing. Had trail cam out for a month. 95% of pictures were at nite. 

11/26/19 @ 7:18 PM
Sgt. Sauger
User since 1/29/18

Great work gillpill n lakeshiner. Been hunting in Price county since mid 90’s. There aren’t the big bucks of 10-15 years ago but the room to roam and the solitude, if you look for it, is worth it. Plenty of small bucks on cam this year, reason to be optimistic in the future as long as Mother Nature does her part ( doesn’t look like a great start for an easy winter)

11/20/19 @ 7:01 PM
splitG2
User since 10/12/07

Way to her done gillpill & lakeshiner. It’s a grind up in price cty but I wouldn’t change a thing. It’s as wild as it gets Up there. The deer are always on edge because of the constant pressure of predators. Congrats 

11/20/19 @ 1:08 PM
GillpillZ
User since 12/7/10

We had some luck ourselves. I hunted Wednesday Thursday and friday morning and night without seeing a deer. It was 430 this past Saturday and thought it was the damn red squirrels again and had a giant bodied  6 pointer come in down wind. I was about to shoot him behind my tree then he turned around and thought it was over he was leaving then he turned around and walked 15 yards infront of me. My brother showed up to the cabin 5 minutes after me, we doubled down. 

11/20/19 @ 8:57 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Well as luck would have it I saw some deer on Thursday afternoon.  Was about 20 minutes left in the day and a doe came crashing through with an 8 pointer behind her (I'm counting the little point haha).  He stopped near me and I was able to get a shot off.  First deer I saw in 5 sits up there, but everything can change in 30 seconds.  I find that I can do a lot of sitting up here staring at nothing but if I put my time in usually something shows up.  Will see what gun season brings.

The fresh snow on Sunday showed my first wolf tracks of the year.  I was not far behind them because it just quit snowing and they were not snowed over at all.  Almost as big as my hand.

11/13/19 @ 12:16 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Had a small buck on camera by my stand during daylight when I was not there on 3 different occasions.  While there last weekend I saw nothing of course.  Gotta pick the right day, I don't plan on being picky.  Don't have that luxury like some do.

Heading up tonight to give it another go.  Nothing more fun than freezing outside looking at nothing.

11/12/19 @ 7:21 AM
lightning95
lightning95
User since 1/7/14

Hunted our land off County I in Ogema this past weekend.  Had a small six point come in to the call Friday evening.  30 yards and no shot.  No deer sighted Saturday, so cleared some shooting lanes.  Was about to get out of stand Sunday morning, but decided to give the doe bleat one more shot.  A really nice eight point came trotting in fast.  Was on my weak side, so had to stand and turn.  Buck saw me and bolted before I could draw.  Exciting weekend.  Two bucks at close range in three days.  Lots of nocturnal movement though, just not much moving during daylight. 

11/11/19 @ 5:39 PM
ayeFeesh
User since 5/17/11

Near Prentice

11/11/19 @ 5:29 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

What part of Price county? You can be in Price county and be hunting on some darn good land around Ogema and Spirit, or you can be on almost a wilderness area. I have land near Price Creek Road. Some call it the Big Block. It is all woods and no farms for a long ways. There is very little for deer sign there, at least as of Oct. 26. I'm sure there is a bit more now , however so dismal that hunting there does not make sense. An old friend has land just out of Ogema and he sees quite a few deer. 

11/9/19 @ 6:08 PM
ayeFeesh
User since 5/17/11

I grouse hunted up here a couple times this year. I don't see a ton of deer sign, but I do see trails, tracks and rubs everytime I'm up. There's definitely deer to shoot no question.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 85 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.