LOGIN
Lake-Link

Orange this weekend

10/8/14 @ 11:58 AM
ORIGNAL POST
hntesox
hntesox
User since 1/11/02
I was instructed that if I am bow hunting this weekend (during the youth hunt) that I need to be wearing orange.... That sucks but oh well. Just remember that everyone.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/9/14 @ 9:09 AM
jch84
User since 8/4/08
Good reminder. I think I'll get out Friday after work but stay out of the woods the rest of the weekend.

10/8/14 @ 8:57 PM
Fish Sandwich
User since 8/30/10
X2. This is usually one of the most uneventful weekends of bow season anyway. But if you must go, be safe and wear the orange. I actually think orange camo is better than your typical camo anyway. There is a better contrast.

10/8/14 @ 2:48 PM
fishfinder101
fishfinder101
User since 1/1/10
Thanks for the reminder, made this mistake one time several years ago during one of the first youth or doe hunts that came out. My brother and I were walking out of the woods at night because it was to dark to shoot inside the woods with our bows, once we hit the field we could see some deer running across a couple hundred yards in front of us on the sky line, next thing you know we have bullets flying buy us, you could hear them zinging through the woods behind us. Some guys from town who werent suppose to be out there were shooting at black spots running across the field. Actually not sure if we had orange on if it wouldve helped it was about that dark. Once we were in the clear and they heard us screaming at them, they tried getting back in the vehicles and taking of, I have 4 wheel drive and caught up to them and trust me they got an ear ful. Shoulve reported them.

10/8/14 @ 1:56 PM
sloshkosh
sloshkosh
User since 3/30/04
Just put it on. Orange hat and vest is all u need. I shot a doe with orange on three years ago. Minor details put it on.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.