Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

New Rest

4/24/15 @ 9:08 AM
ORIGNAL POST
P-Dubs
User since 2/4/02
I am looking into to getting rid of my old Whisker Bisqit and possibly putting on a fall away rest. I would be glad to hear what anyone has to say about if that is a good idea and if so, what are some good fall away rests these days. I've had the same rest for 10 years now so I am not familiar with the latest styles and such.

Thanks in advance!!

Pete

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/8/15 @ 11:13 AM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
User since 5/1/05
It goes back to set up, if installed incorrectly then no piece of equipment is going to work right.

I have 1000's of shots on the QAD Ultra and not one issue, I have a few buddies using it also.....no issues.

Set them up correctly and do the proper maintenance then you will have zero problems.

4/29/15 @ 7:25 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
Everyone has their own opinions obviously, but if you want the easiest rests around to setup it's a limb driven rest. The Limb Driver original is just fine at $99 and will do the job. If you like the WB you may want to look into the Limb driver Pro V, it's a full capture so to speak. IF you wanted to go with a over engineered rest but performs flawlessly, the limb driver Micro Elite, AAE pro drop or the Hameskea, all limb driven.

I do not like rests that serve in to the cables, most don't know how to set them up correctly. There is a right and a wrong way to setup a cable driven rest...contrary to popular belief. I'll also add, IMO the QAD and QAD ultra is one of the worst rests on the market. I know way too many people that they locked up on and they get sloppy over time. To each his own but I would not put on any of the rest that lock in the up position. Too many clearance issues also due to incorrect setup. You are better off with a WB than a drop away that gets contact.

Also, the WB is shot by 100's of thousands, it's not a "old" rest by any means. if it fits your needs and you haven't had issues, keep wearing that old hat, it fits.

4/28/15 @ 4:05 PM
rePLOW
User since 4/26/13
I'm a big fan of the limb driven rests like limbdriver and the trophy taker smackdown. I don't like tying the pull cord into the cable like most rests use. I might be paranoid but I don't want uneven pressure on one cable and not the other unless it's a single cam bow.

4/24/15 @ 1:08 PM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
User since 5/1/05
I have used the Schaffer, Trophy taker and Mathews ultra rest.

I like the ultra rest the best. You can lock in your arrow if you are stalking but to use it correctly you have to cock the rest before each shot anyway.

The other two rests (still have the Trophy taker) you really have to pay attention when drawing to make sure you are still centered.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.