LOGIN
Lake-Link

Monster Velvet Buck from MN shot.

9/18/14 @ 2:41 PM
ORIGNAL POST
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06
Wow. Can't imagine the composure it takes to pull off a good shot on that.

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 123 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/1/14 @ 10:02 AM
Chokeonthis29
User since 9/30/14
Many of you do have degrees? My BUM. If that was the case and youre so passionate about the subject, then why arent you on the NRB? Why arent you in a position to give your input and be taken seriously instead of claiming you know exactly what your doing and I'm the one whom is wrong? I have lots of deer around my neighborhood. Crew down the road shot 22 during gun season and another 8 with the bow, and 5 more muzzleloader season. My 11 isnt a drop in the bucket compared to what they take. They take 60% of their meat and make dog food out of it. To each his own I guess, at least its not going to waste. As for getting a part time job because I'd be better off, how so? I can hunt within walking distance of my house. Gas? $0.00. Equipment? minimal. Yard sales mostly. Arrows are kinda pricy, but I buy arrows from walmart at $3.00 each. We reuse our broadheads until they cant be used anymore. We dont shoot fancy heads either. The most expensive thing is the extra tags now. I'm all for bringing back the $2.00 tags. Someone mentioned venison as a treat. Thats laughable. If you want a treat your season is coming, just put on a costume and knock on doors. Dont be jealous that I can eat great meat for little to nothing when you clowns have to invest hundreds if not thousands and come home empty handed.

10/1/14 @ 9:41 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06
If you "need" meat on your table I would look to a part time job. The return on your time in vested would likely be better, no overhead, and 100% success rate. Secondly, unless you hunt big woods with no near by farms, your meat isn't organic.

10/1/14 @ 8:22 AM
yahay
User since 11/28/07
"Another thread getting off subject".

Yep

10/1/14 @ 7:41 AM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05
"Do any of you fellas actually have an education in game management?"

Many of us do. Besides, it doesn't take a genius to determine that after the winter of 2012-2013, seeing the DNR increase antlerless tags in areas up north is mind boggling. Just because someone is educated doesn't make their decision correct. I am guessing troll alert here also.

I am sorry, but anyone shooting 11 deer in their family is a culprit for the reason why deer numbers are so low. You have the hunters that pass on does and fawns due to population concerns, only to have them run over the hill and killed by someone who feels the need to try to save a dollar by not buying beef. If you are concerned about saturated fat in beef, chicken is always an option.

Guilt would overwhelm me if my family was responsible for that many dead deer, and I would have a tough time explaining to my neighbors that the reason they aren't seeing many deer is because I have 11 of them in my freezer. Ridiculous.

10/1/14 @ 7:05 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Sad!!!!! Another thread getting off subject.

Yes, it is terribly tragic when a discussion breaks out on a discussion forum.

11/21/17 @ 8:46 PM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02
Sad!!!!! Another thread getting off subject. Great deer. Big Mac

9/30/14 @ 8:27 PM
Fish Sandwich
User since 8/30/10
Dude, it takes a lot of special scouting equipment and secret food plot blends to get one of them .5 deer to show themselves.

9/30/14 @ 6:59 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Fish - where do you get your half deer every year? Smile

9/30/14 @ 6:30 PM
Fish Sandwich
User since 8/30/10
LOL GreatOutdoors, you are correct! No food allergies here, I guess I "choose" to need 1.5/year for my household. Maybe we don't all break out in hives right away from eating grocery store meat, but I do believe we are healthier and may live a little longer by eating venison rather than a hormone and drug pumped manure covered farm lot steak. I agree, this thread has gotten funny. Still waiting to hear on that monster velvet buck.

9/30/14 @ 2:52 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10
This thread has become comical. Just because you are seeing deer in your area doesn't mean these people are. I don't think anybody would be able to judge the quality of a deer herd in their area better than the people themselves. My area is great, but after hearing from people I consider trustworthy about how they feel they've been letdown by lax rules, I tend to take their side. I'm glad you have a great game warden in your area. The warden I've dealt with for the past 15 years was about as worthless as they come. I'm glad she finally decided to retire so we can get someone new to actually prosecute the worthless scum that we've reported only for them to get away without even a slap on the wrist. I've met some really great wardens in the past, but not all of them are great.

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 123 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.