SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Lakewood, Townsend, Mountain areas

10/6/11 @ 12:29 PM
INITIAL POST
Mt Dew
User since 6/23/01
How has the deer activity been in the Townsend, Lakewood, & Mountain areas?

Displaying 46 to 60 of 475 posts
11/15/21 @ 9:41 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

Kempdog, I am stuck hunting from a ground blind now. I have found deer need some time to get used to a blind setup. The more you can bury it into existing cover the better. Adding vegetation around it helps as does leaving the windows open as you would when hunting out of it. Leaving the windows open then doesn’t change its appearance from when it is in use or not in use. As with any deer hunting young deer are less wary and more mature deer are more alert. 

11/15/21 @ 9:23 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Kemp, do you have it out in the same location all the time, or are you always popping it up in a new spot? It takes deer a long time to get used to some changes in their habitat; they know what belongs and what doesn’t. Turkeys on the other hand, are clueless about such things. 

You may be better off sitting against a tree in the elements and leaving the blind at home, if you can. If not, brushing it into a thick spot so it’s less noticeable might help. 

Good luck. 

11/15/21 @ 7:45 PM
Kempdog1113
User since 6/8/16

Question i can not climb tress this year. Got a ground blind took it out and it seems the deer stop at 60 to 70 yards and will not come closer wind in my direction.

Any ideas

Thanks

11/15/21 @ 5:53 PM
bass423
PRO MEMBER User since 3/1/12

Great video SK, keep up the good work!

11/15/21 @ 12:00 PM
rikj
rikj
User since 7/29/01

Nice job again scoutking! I enjoyed the video. I found more sign in our hunting/camping area then I have seen in a few years Friday. Saw a pair of does with fawns Friday afternoon and a single near our camp. I did not make it out after the snow to look around. Going to finish my stand selection Thursday. 

Good luck and have a safe hunt.............

11/15/21 @ 11:22 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Sorry to post about the same thing, but just thought since I feel like I "know" the folks on this Topic best, I would share the video of the hunt in case anyone was bored.  Best of luck this gun season!!

11/13/21 @ 8:12 PM
Knot so hot
Knot so hot
User since 1/28/11

Just ended my 2 week rutcation on Oconto County public land. Over the course of 9 days in the woods between 11-2 and 11-12 I saw 20 deer. 4 of them were smaller bucks and 2 decent 8 pointers. Most bucks were just cruising to and from bedding areas. No chasing that I saw. No shots taken as the bigger bucks were both 50-60 yds away. Not many big bucks on camera this year but I will try my luck a couple more times before the orange army gets out there.

11/13/21 @ 6:21 PM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11

Nothing moving by me this morning or evening! Little breezy today.

11/9/21 @ 12:28 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Glad to hear you are finding plenty of deer!! Looks like some great bucks you have targeted.  I really miss bowhunting up there as I haven't made it up hunting at all.  I will be headed up for gun season and hoping for a miracle!!

Unrelated to the Townsend area, but I was fortunate to take a decent buck in IL this past weekend.  Hoping to punch the WI tag this weekend but will only get out in SE WI.

Lakewood, Townsend,  Mountain areas photo by scoutking07
11/7/21 @ 12:13 AM
Jon49k
Jon49k
User since 1/8/03

Hunt Townsend/Carter area, without a doubt alot more deer this fall on camera and in the stand due to the mild winter last year. Been out all week and have seen alot of small bucks along with a few decent ones just no shot opportunities yet. Had 2 bucks locking antlers for over 10 minutes about 75 yards away this morning and got about 4 minutes of cool footage. Waiting on the big 9 to show up during daylight again had him on camera all summer and early fall during the day but lately been nocturnal but they are running does hard now so he will show... Tons of rubs/scrapes this year. Bucks/Does have been hitting my mocks hard all fall. Should set up for a good gun season this year!

Lakewood, Townsend,  Mountain areas photo by Jon49k
11/6/21 @ 7:25 PM
44/45

Buck's showing up in food plot. Unfortunately before sunrise and just after sunset.

10/28/21 @ 9:19 PM
44/45

Same doe movement tonight. No buck's showing up. I did see a buck walking out in the open along hwy 41 this morning.

10/27/21 @ 3:12 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Hey Walleye Warrior!! Glad to hear that you had a cool encounter.  Sadly I haven't been up hunting at all this fall.  We were up with the family the beginning of October but I never made it to the woods.  Sadly, most likely won't be up until gun season.  My father is up and will be spending a lot of time chasing a few of the bucks we've got on camera.  Hoping he leaves one for me :)

Best of luck everyone!

10/26/21 @ 10:37 PM
Knot so hot
Knot so hot
User since 1/28/11

I hunt a couple miles south of Mountain. Some fresh scrapes showed up on the 24th and finally had a shooter buck on camera the same night. I haven't had a shooter on camera since the last week in august, so that was nice to see. I've been hunting pretty hard since opener but the only thing I've shot so far is a nice coyote that was following a doe and 2 fawns. Most deer movement has been late morning, according to my cameras. Another week of work and than my 2 week rut vacation starts. Good luck out there guys! Its almost time! 

10/25/21 @ 11:51 AM
Walleye Warrior
Walleye Warrior
User since 8/23/01

I sat saturday evening in Lakewood, just east of town.  Saw a handful of deer and a nice little 5 pointer.  Must have been 1.5 year old because he wasnt smart at all.  I could have jumped on him and rode him like a horse several times.  If he wants to live he better wise up quickly.  lol.  No chasing like down south from what I could see. Good to be back out in the Northwoods.  -WW

Displaying 46 to 60 of 475 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE