Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Lakewood, Townsend, Mountain areas

10/6/11 @ 11:29 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Mt Dew
User since 6/23/01
How has the deer activity been in the Townsend, Lakewood, & Mountain areas?

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 399 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/11/19 @ 10:22 AM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

Guy that is baiting bear for me lives in the Mountain area. Said the forest roads are now clear but impossible  to get in most trails and logging roads. I ve been along a couple times baiting before the storm but not since storms. Going next weekend and from the reports he gave me sounds like I'll be shocked.

8/11/19 @ 7:23 AM
Bugeye1
User since 9/25/14

Wow! Not going too be the same for along time. Forget hiking trails and small logging roads. Bring climbing gear to get over the downed trees. 

8/9/19 @ 11:31 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Between my father and I, we had 12 trail cameras hung in the national forest and have been incredibly lucky to have found 8 of them so far.  The woods is COMPLETELY different and hunting in this area will be changed for quite a while.  Access to any logging trail or side road will pretty much be non existent in many cases.  Good thing is, bucks should be able to grow older as hunting pressure will surely drop significantly.  Different world up there now.

7/27/19 @ 7:37 AM
Mountainwi
User since 12/8/18

Drove through some areas I hunt in Mountain and the tree damage is unbelievable. Took  a walk into an Oak stand and saw numerous oak trees on the ground. Wondering how much this will affect deer patterns. 

4/25/19 @ 5:22 AM
novembermadman42
User since 11/30/16

Deer herd is fine and dandy.  Seen plenty of deer and deer sign turkey hunting.

4/15/19 @ 1:49 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

I am a little scared to finally get in the woods for a walk.  The deer had it pretty bad this winter and that last snow storm was most likely the nail in the coffin for many unborn fawns and last years fawns,  Hoping that the cedars aren't littered in bones.

3/24/19 @ 8:00 PM
GET ESOX
GET ESOX
User since 5/30/12

Took the side by side out for a ride today and saw a doe walking the road by chain lake.  She didn’t want to get off the road.  Once I got close enough she tried to jump the snow bank back into the woods and was having a rough time.  I was hoping this winter wasn’t going to kill a lot of deer, but she looked rough and was having a hard time.  Hope the melt comes fast and she makes it.   Looking forward to getting my 8 year old daughter out turkey hunting the first week of May.  Melt fast snow!!

3/20/19 @ 7:20 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

That is a beauty mounatinwi!!!! Awesome shed.  What type of food source did you see most of the activity around?  I'd assume cedar and hemlock stands with this deep snow.  I know that they were hitting any leftover acorns really hard before the deep snow came.  Great find man.

3/17/19 @ 12:23 PM
Mountainwi
User since 12/8/18

Snow is deep but deer are centralized around food. I will be back again looking for the match.

1/8/19 @ 2:12 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

That is a beautiful buck ESOX!!  I'm usually lucky enough to pick up the same bucks year after year as long as they aren't just rut roamers, but this year I "lost" 3 of my biggest bucks.  Not sure if they died or just moved areas.  Sad year

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 399 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.