Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Lakewood, Townsend, Mountain areas

10/6/11 @ 12:29 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Mt Dew
User since 6/23/01
How has the deer activity been in the Townsend, Lakewood, & Mountain areas?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 385 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/20/19 @ 7:36 PM
Mountainwi
User since 12/8/18

Tough hunting as the area is different than past years due to storm damage. One nice one on camera 

9/17/19 @ 8:23 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

I hunted opening night back in some nasty blow down timber that was close to a popple slashing and some standing oaks.  Didn't have the big guy come out but I did see a doe that had three fawns in tow.  I haven't seen that for many many years up there and was impressed that she could keep those little ones alive with all the coyotes and bears around.  You can see all 4 in the pic.

9/6/19 @ 9:17 AM
ckemp
User since 3/31/08

I walked through the area I hunt, the main road in is completly blocked, but the area I hunt is barely touched.   I did notice some new deer trails as a result, which will actually help me, I hope.

Private Land behind our cabin was both logged and hit by the storm.  A few deer are now using our backyard as their path.  The kids are excited to look out the window and be almost nose to nose with a doe and her fawn.

9/2/19 @ 8:32 AM
rikj
rikj
User since 7/29/01

Missed again.........No special permit needed

Depends what part of the national forest you want to hunt....The areas we hunt are large and hunting pressure is low and dropping.............deer are on a little upswing......

9/1/19 @ 12:58 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

1. No

2. A lot

9/1/19 @ 11:43 AM
missedagain
User since 6/1/14

I have a couple questions.

1. Do I need a special permit to hunt in the national forest?

2. How much pressure is there during gun season?

Thank you

8/11/19 @ 11:22 AM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

Guy that is baiting bear for me lives in the Mountain area. Said the forest roads are now clear but impossible  to get in most trails and logging roads. I ve been along a couple times baiting before the storm but not since storms. Going next weekend and from the reports he gave me sounds like I'll be shocked.

8/11/19 @ 8:23 AM
Bugeye1
User since 9/25/14

Wow! Not going too be the same for along time. Forget hiking trails and small logging roads. Bring climbing gear to get over the downed trees. 

8/9/19 @ 12:31 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Between my father and I, we had 12 trail cameras hung in the national forest and have been incredibly lucky to have found 8 of them so far.  The woods is COMPLETELY different and hunting in this area will be changed for quite a while.  Access to any logging trail or side road will pretty much be non existent in many cases.  Good thing is, bucks should be able to grow older as hunting pressure will surely drop significantly.  Different world up there now.

7/27/19 @ 8:37 AM
Mountainwi
User since 12/8/18

Drove through some areas I hunt in Mountain and the tree damage is unbelievable. Took  a walk into an Oak stand and saw numerous oak trees on the ground. Wondering how much this will affect deer patterns. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 385 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.