MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Lakewood, Townsend, Mountain areas

10/6/11 @ 12:29 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Mt Dew
Mt Dew
USER since 6/23/01
How has the deer activity been in the Townsend, Lakewood, & Mountain areas?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 376 Posts
4/15/19 @ 2:49 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
USER since 10/25/07

I am a little scared to finally get in the woods for a walk.  The deer had it pretty bad this winter and that last snow storm was most likely the nail in the coffin for many unborn fawns and last years fawns,  Hoping that the cedars aren't littered in bones.

Post Your Comment
3/24/19 @ 9:00 PM
GET ESOX
GET ESOX
USER since 5/30/12

Took the side by side out for a ride today and saw a doe walking the road by chain lake.  She didn’t want to get off the road.  Once I got close enough she tried to jump the snow bank back into the woods and was having a rough time.  I was hoping this winter wasn’t going to kill a lot of deer, but she looked rough and was having a hard time.  Hope the melt comes fast and she makes it.   Looking forward to getting my 8 year old daughter out turkey hunting the first week of May.  Melt fast snow!!

Post Your Comment
3/20/19 @ 8:20 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
USER since 10/25/07

That is a beauty mounatinwi!!!! Awesome shed.  What type of food source did you see most of the activity around?  I'd assume cedar and hemlock stands with this deep snow.  I know that they were hitting any leftover acorns really hard before the deep snow came.  Great find man.

Post Your Comment
3/17/19 @ 1:23 PM
Mountainwi
Mountainwi
USER since 12/8/18

Snow is deep but deer are centralized around food. I will be back again looking for the match.

Post Your Comment
1/8/19 @ 3:12 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
USER since 10/25/07

That is a beautiful buck ESOX!!  I'm usually lucky enough to pick up the same bucks year after year as long as they aren't just rut roamers, but this year I "lost" 3 of my biggest bucks.  Not sure if they died or just moved areas.  Sad year

Post Your Comment
12/12/18 @ 3:10 PM
GET ESOX
GET ESOX
USER since 5/30/12

Scout, shhhh!  There are no deer up north.  This is the biggest I’ve had on camera.  Had him at 50 yards during muzzleloader but too dark to shoot, couldn’t see my iron sights.  This was 2016.  Didn’t see him again the next year.  

Post Your Comment
12/12/18 @ 12:41 PM
Mountainwi
Mountainwi
USER since 12/8/18

Scoutking I only had one picture of this buck during the rut. My friend and I spent two weekends looking for his sheds with no luck. 

last 2 years I had issues with cameras getting stolen in this area. I did have two cameras in an area and got a picture of a guy baiting near a stolen camera. Do u run into this problem. I now run less cameras in this area but I know big deer are around 

Post Your Comment
12/12/18 @ 12:20 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
USER since 10/25/07

We have 3 left sides off this buck and all are within an inch or two of each other.  The sheds in the photo below are from the buck when we believed him to be 5 and 6 years old.  My father was lucky enough to take him during archery season the following year and the photo shows the shed from the previous year next to his rack.  The rack is actually a bit smaller than the shed from the previous year but almost identical.

Post Your Comment
12/12/18 @ 12:10 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
USER since 10/25/07

Holy moly Mountainwi, that buck has some serious tine length.  I'm wondering if his tines are so long that they make his rack look thinner than it is.  Certainly looks like a mature deer, big body and full chest/neck.  Not all mature bucks up there gain mass, some definetly do as they gain age, but we have watched multiple bucks that remained within +/- 5" for years after reaching maturity.  Do you know if that buck is still roaming?

Post Your Comment
12/11/18 @ 11:58 PM
Mountainwi
Mountainwi
USER since 12/8/18

This bucks has lots of length but not much mass. Is this odd for this area Scout King? My mature bucks usually have mass

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 376 Posts