Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Lakewood, Townsend, Mountain areas

10/6/11 @ 12:29 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Mt Dew
USER SINCE 6/23/01
How has the deer activity been in the Townsend, Lakewood, & Mountain areas?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 416 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 11:51 AM
Walleye Warrior
Walleye Warrior
USER SINCE 8/23/01

I sat saturday evening in Lakewood, just east of town.  Saw a handful of deer and a nice little 5 pointer.  Must have been 1.5 year old because he wasnt smart at all.  I could have jumped on him and rode him like a horse several times.  If he wants to live he better wise up quickly.  lol.  No chasing like down south from what I could see. Good to be back out in the Northwoods.  -WW

10/23/21 @ 7:52 PM
44/45
MEMBER SINCE 3/9/11

Sat tonight 4 came out right before dark. One was a spike.  One snuck into the clover just beyond a pine tree and busted me at dark when I was leaving. The other 3 were heads down in the brassicas. 

10/23/21 @ 5:02 AM
44/45
MEMBER SINCE 3/9/11

Most of the leaves are down and deer are back on their normal feeding patterns in food plots. Saw a spike at 7:30 and 4 does in the evening. Was fun  watching a big doe try to bust me in my tent from 30' away. She never did but had that nose really high and looked my way forever. It seems like a mature doe will come right at you if it doesn't seem right to her. Thanks to the person who turned me on to earth scent. I have yet to be busted using it!

10/16/21 @ 7:32 AM
Justfellow
USER SINCE 1/28/21

Are the leaves off the trees up there, opening the views a bit more than one month ago? I was last up three weeks ago and skeets won the contest. Have a great weekend if you are going out.  Good luck, y’all.

10/7/21 @ 12:45 PM
Mt Dew
USER SINCE 6/23/01

Don't forget everyone, this weekend is the youth hunt.  You have to wear blaze orange like rifle season.

10/6/21 @ 12:10 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
USER SINCE 10/25/07

Well I didn't make it up last weekend, but will be heading up Friday evening and hanging in Townsend with the family.  Hoping to sneak in a morning hunt or two.

10/4/21 @ 7:40 PM
44/45
MEMBER SINCE 3/9/11

FullDraw05, I was in the woods yesterday and although I only have red oak, I really didn't notice many acorn's. Usually the deer disappear after the leaves drop. It sure seems early. Yet the Asian beetles are early this year IMO.

10/4/21 @ 8:24 AM
FullDraw05
USER SINCE 10/10/17

44/45, acorn crop has been plentiful this year from what I've been told. the "lull" often coincides with the time when acorns are dropping - you need to locate the oaks to see some activity. I have a 5 acre plot with usually 20-30 does at a minimum per night and the last week our cameras have been essentially non-existent.. that tells me their feed bags have transitioned to the acorns. 

10/3/21 @ 9:58 AM
GreenSand
USER SINCE 1/4/08

My wife found a samsung galaxy cell phone on Saturday around 1:00 pm in the middle of the road in Lakewood While we were atv’ing.  Was on a side street in Lakewood hopefully someone here can help get it returned 

10/3/21 @ 6:56 AM
44/45
MEMBER SINCE 3/9/11

Where did all the deer go? 1acre food plot and no activity?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 416 POSTS
Advertise here
The Bio-Minnow Vertical Jig is the first vertical jigging bait with a metal tail for increased durability and fine-tuning. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - FishLab Bio-Minnow Vertical Jig
Navigloo has become a benchmark product for the winter protection of watercrafts. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NAVIGLOO - Navigloo Fishing Boat Covers
Reinvented with SCIII carbon, IPC mandrel technology and custom Winn split-grip handles. Mojo Musky features 14 models including 3 telescopic rods for easier storage. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Mojo Musky
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.