LOGIN
Lake-Link

Just a quick thank you, L-L!

12/6/14 @ 3:42 PM
ORIGNAL POST
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09
Just wanted to simply say "THANKS" to Darin, Steve and the other "powers that be" at Lake-Link that have seemingly done a wonderful job at cleaning up the Archery forum this year. One of the main reasons I visited this site a few years back was to share information and get reports from other bow hunters out there during the season, but the last two years I rarely visited the archery forums at all anymore. A few bad apples really spoiled the whole forum and experience with all the politics, name-calling and personal attacks. All of that nonsense seems to have been kept out as of late and all the troublemakers seem to have been banished for good! It sure has made this guys experience much more satisfying this archery season.

Thanks again y'all!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 29 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/17/14 @ 7:47 PM
lovestofishnhunt
MEMBER since 6/13/06
This seems pretty elementary but if one doesn't like the threads that are started, why doesn't one start a thread that they do like?

I used to spend hours on Cabelas talk forum when it was active and realized how much time I actually wasted. I put in thousands of posts, only to get into fights that really didn't matter in the long run.

I honestly think folks who are really good at their craft, whether it be archery, predator hunting, shooting, etc. don't spend time on the internet talking about it...they are doing it.

It's also been my take that folks who brag about what they know and what they can do, don't know much and can do even less.

All good things come to an end, people leave, things change...that's life. Get over it. It would be boring as hell if they didn't.

12/17/14 @ 3:44 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
What's the difference here Bugle...? I don't like Xbows and you don't like people hating on Xbows. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? I think people are just finding the easy way out and an easier way to kill a deer w out putting in the time necessary with a recurce or compound. Many I know, that's their excuse. "I just don't have the time"....great, go by a Xbow.

Why is my opinon any differnt than anyone elses? If you don't like my opinion, there is an ignore button.

12/17/14 @ 3:26 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Well I gotta hand it to you. You're still predictable. You guys are great. Happy bowhunting.

12/17/14 @ 2:55 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
Yeah, I don't like turds in my pool. Icky Smile

But i'd rather have a turd in my pool than admit I killed a buck with a Xbow considering i'm able bodied and under 55. Just me though.

12/17/14 @ 1:31 PM
lookn' 4 PnY
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05
Bugle, I won a crossbow at Cabelas a month ago and it is pretty cool. I might use it during gun season sometime, or let my daughter use it next bear season, bullseye first shot you know.

Bugle if you throw a turd into a pool you can't expect all those swimming in it to accept it. It may be better to take your turd somewhere else where it is more welcome. I would not go to a Ford forum to talk about how great my GMC is. Don't care if you use a crossbow or not, most of the regular archery guys here did not like all the turds being thrown into their pool so they left, as now did the turds. Now we have an archery forum where we talk about Polk county deer reports. Good work.

I will applaud LL for getting rid of Ron K. Best thing they ever did.

12/16/14 @ 7:23 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Oh yeah. Blame the xbow crowd. Most of their anger was directed at all of the childish name calling and insults from the self-congratulatory elitists. They were/are just new people to the sport and since there's no specific forum for them, they came here to a bunch of snobs. Many of you who are either banned or still lurking created that monster.

Much like the xbow threads, this one is right on par with what I've experienced here.

12/16/14 @ 12:41 PM
lookn' 4 PnY
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05
Kulas (Retch Sweeney) ruined this forum, like he has every other he was allowed to troll on. Bucky's 12 personalities were the cause of so many of the good guys either being banned or leaving. The relentless crossbow crowd that has seemingly disappeared now that they got their way, also drove away the archery crowd as well. With the ever evolving thin skin we all seem to have now and lack of sense of humor, some people could not handle it, and what was a good natured poke made some of you cry. I still keep in touch with Long Barrels, Plow, Goosie, and Meat pole. They are great guys with better archery experience and knowledge, I am sure if someone had a real archery question or problem one of them would still love to help.

12/11/14 @ 9:33 PM
lovestofishnhunt
MEMBER since 6/13/06
Dude,

I typed my comments at work and at the time, I felt like there was "a point" to what I typed. When I went back and re-read it, it didn't make sense to me either so I just deleted it. I didn't think your response was an attack nor was I trying to jab anyone either...just trying to make a point that I obviously thought would add to the thread at the time. That's what you get when you work with 7th graders for a living. Take care!

12/11/14 @ 11:07 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
Everyone passes up bucks in wisconsin.... Speechless Problem is, if you didn't have a shot at it or was too small to shoot, you really didn't pass it up. Oh wait, can I say that here, hopefully that doesn't upset anyone

12/11/14 @ 10:24 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Lovesto - Please don't take my posts as an attack on you. I always enjoy your posts and the thread you started about everyone's deer hunting philosophy was probably the best thread of the fall. I'm really just trying to understand your point of view here. That said:

I don't understand how you can complain about not shooting deer, but you say you pass up a nice 8.

You've completely lost me with that comment. Are you talking about people in general or was that actually directed at me? I've never said any such thing that I can recall.

The point is to each their own.

That doesn't make sense either. If you believed "to each their own" you wouldn't care if people talked technical or hijacked threads. Right?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 29 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.