MORE
Archery

Juneau county reports

10/27/12 @ 9:06 AM
INITIAL POST
duckman05
duckman05
User since 1/6/11
Haven't seen any on Juneau yet, figured I would chime in. I hunt southern juneau, sat last night have 12 doe it a cut corn field....Not bucks to be seen. Have noticed a few scrapes. Also noticed there are not many dead deer on the roads around here yet, compared to Monore and Jackson co. Think the best is to come this week and next. Happy hunting.
Displaying 70 to 79 of 479 posts
10/1/20 @ 10:00 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Any reports for the 2020 season so far? Heading up after work this afternoon for the weekend. 

1/24/20 @ 2:40 PM
Bombing165
Bombing165
User since 1/5/18

1st post since last yr. Ill concur with what you are all saying deer population is getting better w more mature bucks running around. Wolves are starting to get out of hand. I tagged out oct 26 full rut action. He came in to some agressive grunting. The gf had a nice 130 140 class 10 point that we had on camera at 15 yrds just never felt comfortable w the shot. Closing the bombing range was disappointing but made for new scouting spots which is always fun. Gun season was a zoo on county lands w what i assume most ppl not knowing the range was closed. My land is on 17 and 4th street so im sure ive ran into some of you down at boondocks. Now its time for some tight lines!

11/11/19 @ 3:55 PM
Scentfree
Scentfree
User since 11/9/11

Hunted this past weekend.  Didn't see any bucks, just does.  Decided to take one Sunday afternoon around 3:45pm.  It's meat in the freezer.  I will try again next weekend.  

11/11/19 @ 8:54 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Concluded the 19 season this past weekend. All day sit on Saturday produced nothing. I saw what I believe were 3 different bucks for the season, all of them the week I had off. What looked like a nice 10 chasing a doe full speed and a spike harassing a doe and fawn were the only encounters of any kind of rut I witnessed. Found 3 scrapes all of which showed little to no activity after the 3rd week of October. Lots of hours in the stand with no action. Lots of tracks and lack of daytime sightings would indicate most movement was at night. I had tons of acorns. Saw 3 wolves this year. Couple nights of lots of howling.

There really isn't much else to tell.....

11/10/19 @ 1:17 PM
lineman2003
lineman2003
User since 1/17/10

Yeah, I hear you casedog. The daylight pic was from 2017. Sometimes it's hard to tell one deer from the next. New miners within spitting distance of me, not really, but not far. Congrats on the deer.

11/10/19 @ 12:07 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Lineman- I looked at your pictures a little closer and I’m 100% sure that is not the same deer! 

If u look at the browtines they are definitely not the same deer so keep on going after him because he is still out there!

11/10/19 @ 10:06 AM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

In my experience up there is that every square mile has a giant 8 pointer on it ( seeing them in daylight in a shooting lane happens maybe once every decade)

New miner is definitely the land of 8 pointers! 

Out of our mature bucks I would say 90 percent are main frame 8’s!! 

11/10/19 @ 10:00 AM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Lineman-probably not the same buck(although bucks are known to travel 10 miles) 

This buck was shot on 17th and 5th in New miner!  

2nd biggest buck ever to hang on our meatpole in 30 years of owning our cabin up there!

Good luck and Go get em because I would say he is still alive!!

11/9/19 @ 9:21 PM
lineman2003
lineman2003
User since 1/17/10

Where did your buddy get that big 8 casedog? No specifics required, just wondering if it was in the vicinity off Hwy G & 9th. Looks like a guy I've had on camera for a few years. Congrats to him! Bad for me if it is.

11/9/19 @ 12:26 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Been a while since I have posted! My Rutcation was November 1 thru today! 3 hunters and 2 bucks shot with the 3rd hunter still trying to complete the trifecta! 

I saw deer on every sit except Sunday night which never happens in good old Necedah so IMHO we’re getting close to pre 2000 deer numbers which really excites me! 

I saw all stages of the rut during the week- November 1st had does with fawns still-November 4th had little bucks running around like dogs and November 6th was the day to be in the woods! After the morning snow 3 huge bucks were seen by all three of us hunters with my hunting buddy shooting his personal best Which was a true monster for the area and I was Very excited for him!

Lots of celebrating going on in our deer camp this year! 

My tag is punched with a normal Necedah buck so I’m patiently waiting for gun season!

Good luck to all the hunters still going after mr big! 

Displaying 70 to 79 of 479 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE