LOGIN
Lake-Link

Juneau county reports

10/27/12 @ 8:06 AM
ORIGNAL POST
duckman05
duckman05
User since 1/6/11
Haven't seen any on Juneau yet, figured I would chime in. I hunt southern juneau, sat last night have 12 doe it a cut corn field....Not bucks to be seen. Have noticed a few scrapes. Also noticed there are not many dead deer on the roads around here yet, compared to Monore and Jackson co. Think the best is to come this week and next. Happy hunting.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 410 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/17/19 @ 9:41 PM
badgerfowl1
User since 10/1/12

4 weeks after planting. 

8/5/19 @ 4:59 PM
badgerfowl1
User since 10/1/12

Brassicas are up and running. Now we just have to avoid flooding. 

8/1/19 @ 9:43 AM
bueller
User since 1/4/03

That sucks dsinwi. The meth and heroin problem in the area has really gotten terrible. 

Between work at home and maintenance at the cabin I really haven't done anything habitat related this year. Hopefully this fall is better.

7/29/19 @ 11:54 PM
Casedog
Casedog
MEMBER since 10/4/11

I just bought my dream house in Caledonia and finally got my mounts hung up for good!!

i thought I would share since both bucks are from my other favorite home away from home in New Miner, Juneau county.

small one was first buck back on Halloween of 98!!

big one was from November 6, 2016!!

It will probably be another 18 years for another but that’s the reason it runs through my blood 365/24/7!!

Is it September yet??

7/29/19 @ 6:40 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Spent most of this past weekend at the cabin putting in plots and cleaning up a couple enormous oaks that came down. Lots of work, lots of bugs, lots of sweat.

Had my second break in since owning the place. A number of items were stolen. Nothing of any significant value obviously but just enough to be extremely irritating. A couple items of note that one may recognize would be a Lawn Boy push mower with some plywood on top of the deck and a 2 wheeled wheel barrow, plastic tub with yellow handles. Case has been filed with county sheriff. I'm not expecting to see any of it back.

This was in the area south of Necedah. I hate thieves.....

7/1/19 @ 1:47 PM
Casedog
Casedog
MEMBER since 10/4/11

Sorry Juneau county bloodbroothers 

I’m just dying to get upnorth with my dad and figure out the next food plot plan or which trees or bushes are we gonna plant!

Is it September yet??

6/4/19 @ 7:34 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

LS2,

Without knowing you or where you're from I wouldn't get too excited about the gun shots. It's country living, for lack of better term. I was shooting my pistol last Saturday at about 8pm so maybe you heard me. 3am sounds a little suspect, I wouldn't do that, but some do. If it concerns you maybe you should call it in.

Spent Friday afternoon and Saturday at the cabin. Clover plots look great and the deer are beating the trails to them. Got a lot of downed limbs picked up and general maintenance around the place. Bugs weren't to bad. Back in the pickers they were pretty thick though. Lots of standing water. Hopefully things dry up a bit.

6/3/19 @ 12:04 PM
LS2 second class xyooj
User since 3/10/16

I have a small property under 10 acres surrounded by neighbors over 10 plus acres. Was able to take my family up camping this past weekend for the first time since I purchased the property last year. What I was wondering is the gun shots. I hear it during the day and also during the night. Gun shots at 11pm, 1am, & 3am. Is it normal and ok to be hearing gun shots that late at night? I have small children and am concern about this. Hopefully who ever it is knows what is behind their target before they pull that trigger.

5/8/19 @ 6:14 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Just to keep this going..

Stopped at the cabin this past weekend to drop some stuff off and check on the place on our way to see our daughter in LAX. Lots of sticks and limbs down that will need to be cleaned up. Couple widow makers hanging up over the plots. The clover I put down last fall looks great. Hoping to not have to do a spring planting this year. trying something different to mix things up a little and save a little cash. Lots of sign also.  

3/17/19 @ 9:49 AM
Eyetest
Eyetest
MEMBER since 7/12/01

Thanks Bueller......

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 410 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.