MORE
Archery

Juneau county reports

10/27/12 @ 9:06 AM
INITIAL POST
duckman05
duckman05
User since 1/6/11
Haven't seen any on Juneau yet, figured I would chime in. I hunt southern juneau, sat last night have 12 doe it a cut corn field....Not bucks to be seen. Have noticed a few scrapes. Also noticed there are not many dead deer on the roads around here yet, compared to Monore and Jackson co. Think the best is to come this week and next. Happy hunting.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 479 posts
11/13/23 @ 9:11 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02
Hunted this past Friday and Saturday. I saw a nice 8 chasing a doe Friday night. He was at the limit of my range and behind brush so no shot.  Saw a couple other does also. Saturday, I saw one unknown and a doe. That was it. Headed home early Sunday morning as I had other obligations. Be back up Friday morning. Good luck all!
11/6/23 @ 8:56 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02
Hunted all last week. Activity was decent early in the week with most sightings being in the morning, around 9am. Cruising bucks and nervous does.
I saw 4 or 5 bucks, one was a real big 6pt. I would guess near 20" wide. Snort weezed him into 20 yards. He didn't present a good angle so I passed. There is a big 10 and at least three bigger 8s around according to my neighbor's cams. I never saw any of them. My neighbor on the other side shot a small 6 and his SIL got a nice 8. My buddy shot a small 6. Back up Thursday after work.

Good Luck all!
10/23/23 @ 1:10 PM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02
Hunted Friday and Saturday. No deer sightings, from my stand anyway. I did see a few deer out and about on my drive in and drive out so there are some around here. Will be back up all next week. Noticed a few scrapes popped up so that's good sign.
10/16/23 @ 8:21 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02
Made it up to the cabin late Saturday morning. Hunted that evening with nothing to show for it. Had a little action Sunday morning when a nub buck came in and browsed around my tree for about 10 minutes. I thought I heard a couple grunts behind me so I readied myself. Out of the alders came a nice 8pt at about 30 yards. He gave me a quick broadside shot but I was unsure I wanted to take it. That decision was taken care of when he bounded off after the nub, grunting all the way. I sat for another hour or so with no other sightings. It sure was a nice weekend. Cool and some sun here and there. Back at it this weekend. Good luck to those getting out there!
10/10/23 @ 9:24 AM
BigHorn
User since 10/24/11
Sat 10/7 evening.  There were 3 in the plot when I walked out.  There were a couple of does around the stand all evening after that.  Could have been the same ones that were in the plot.  There were scrapes everywhere around the plot.  Seemed kind of early for my place anyway.  Nothing Sunday morning.  Was nice being back in the woods.  No skeeters which is nice.  It actually greened up some on the lawn and in the plots in the last couple of weeks so I fertilized the brassicas.  Fingers crossed they grow a little more.  Supposed to rain alot this weekend.  Heading back up the 13-15.  Probably clean the cabin if it's raining.  It needs it.  Bumper crop of spiders this year...  Good luck to all!!  
10/10/23 @ 7:09 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02
The 23 season is underway. Not much to report so far. I'm 3 sits in and not a deer to show for it yet. Food plots are pretty much burnt out from the dry summer. No worries though, just glad to be in the woods again. Good luck to those getting out there.

Looking to dig into more data?

Step up and unlock historical postings by upgrading to Lake-Link Pro for as little as $2.99!

More Info

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE