LOGIN
Lake-Link

Juneau county reports

10/27/12 @ 9:06 AM
ORIGINAL POST
duckman05
duckman05
User since 1/6/11
Haven't seen any on Juneau yet, figured I would chime in. I hunt southern juneau, sat last night have 12 doe it a cut corn field....Not bucks to be seen. Have noticed a few scrapes. Also noticed there are not many dead deer on the roads around here yet, compared to Monore and Jackson co. Think the best is to come this week and next. Happy hunting.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 417 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/19/20 @ 3:19 PM
BigHorn
User since 10/24/11
Hunted a long weekend from Oct 2-4 and also this past weekend 15-18.  I've yet to see a buck, but I've been pleasantly surprised with the number of does and fawns I've seen.  Early October I had a doe with twins walk by followed within a few minutes by a doe with triplets.  This past Thursday evening I had 9 antlerless feeding around me.  I think it helps me that there isn't so much water this year, but it's really nice to see the number of fawns too.

Scrapes started showing up this past weekend.  There was a little 8 ptr on camera chasing does during the day and a nice buck finally showed up on camera.  Looked like he was out looking.  Headed back to the cabin this Thursday after work.  Wanted to come on Wednesday but the weather looks crappy.  

North of Necedah on private land.

10/11/20 @ 3:46 PM
sauger
User since 6/19/01

Been out once with only does seen.  Have seen less of the bucks in recent weeks as well.  Seems to be more does around this year

10/6/20 @ 12:29 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

9 hunts so far and only 3 does seen! A few rubs and no scrapes by me yet! Just waiting for first week of November when it gets magic out there! Good luck fellow Juneau County hunters! Have 2 giants on camera and they seem to be getting bigger and bigger every year so future by me looks promising 

10/5/20 @ 7:57 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Not much for acorns by me either. Didn't see a deer all weekend. Not much for tracks in the mud around the plots. At least the skeeters were a non issue.

10/1/20 @ 4:51 PM
zeplure
zeplure
MEMBER since 2/11/02

Been out a few times. Lots of does. Bucks seem to be more scarce now in the fields. I think it's them coming out of the bachelor groups. No rubs yet. Terrible acorn crop by me.

10/1/20 @ 10:00 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Any reports for the 2020 season so far? Heading up after work this afternoon for the weekend. 

1/24/20 @ 2:40 PM
Bombing165
Bombing165
User since 1/5/18

1st post since last yr. Ill concur with what you are all saying deer population is getting better w more mature bucks running around. Wolves are starting to get out of hand. I tagged out oct 26 full rut action. He came in to some agressive grunting. The gf had a nice 130 140 class 10 point that we had on camera at 15 yrds just never felt comfortable w the shot. Closing the bombing range was disappointing but made for new scouting spots which is always fun. Gun season was a zoo on county lands w what i assume most ppl not knowing the range was closed. My land is on 17 and 4th street so im sure ive ran into some of you down at boondocks. Now its time for some tight lines!

11/11/19 @ 3:55 PM
Scentfree
Scentfree
User since 11/9/11

Hunted this past weekend.  Didn't see any bucks, just does.  Decided to take one Sunday afternoon around 3:45pm.  It's meat in the freezer.  I will try again next weekend.  

11/11/19 @ 8:54 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Concluded the 19 season this past weekend. All day sit on Saturday produced nothing. I saw what I believe were 3 different bucks for the season, all of them the week I had off. What looked like a nice 10 chasing a doe full speed and a spike harassing a doe and fawn were the only encounters of any kind of rut I witnessed. Found 3 scrapes all of which showed little to no activity after the 3rd week of October. Lots of hours in the stand with no action. Lots of tracks and lack of daytime sightings would indicate most movement was at night. I had tons of acorns. Saw 3 wolves this year. Couple nights of lots of howling.

There really isn't much else to tell.....

11/10/19 @ 1:17 PM
lineman2003
lineman2003
User since 1/17/10

Yeah, I hear you casedog. The daylight pic was from 2017. Sometimes it's hard to tell one deer from the next. New miners within spitting distance of me, not really, but not far. Congrats on the deer.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 417 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.