LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Increase your strength for the archery draw cycle. 4 exercises + the progression plan.

3/17/23 @ 10:01 AM
INITIAL POST
Oak & Iron Outdoors
User since 6/18/22

4 of the most important exercise to pull back more weight via your bow. I also have a detailed progression system at the end of the video. This is not about using bands. It’s free weights and cable work. The type of work that builds REAL strength for archery. 

In bowhunting it’s not just accuracy but we need that kinetic energy behind that arrow to get the pass thru. That power starts with “YOU”. 

P.S. I also added a secondary change to the progression system (in the video) for young archers (age 8-16) as their neuromuscular system isn’t totally developed yet. 

Over 18 years working in physical therapy, chiropractic rehabilitation and as a personal trainer. Archer since I was 7. Bowhunter since I was 12.

P.S. This is the perfect video to share with someone who is recovering from shoulder surgery and they’re in that stage to get stronger to pull the bow back (with a Dr.s permission)

Also, if you know that young person who needs a little extra strength to pull back the legal bow poundage for their state. Feel free to share it with them as well. 

Train smarter, work harder and always be your best. 

Clint

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
3/17/23 @ 9:49 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
Maybe spend some time on a rowing machine? It's the only exercise that I can think of that mimics drawing a bow.
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE