LOGIN
Lake-Link

Fltlandr's piss n moan thread.

6/4/14 @ 4:44 PM
ORIGNAL POST
chuckc
User since 3/21/14
Moan. . piss

Am I gonna get slammed now cause I moaned and pissed instead of pissed and moaned ?

Nice topic by the way, should be fun. Chuck

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/17/14 @ 11:17 AM
Summers Off
User since 5/9/06
....lead paint chips?

6/12/14 @ 6:33 PM
Summers Off
User since 5/9/06
Feel the love!

6/7/14 @ 3:54 PM
buckmaster69
buckmaster69
User since 1/24/11
Don't care. Puke

6/7/14 @ 9:43 AM
chuckc
User since 3/21/14
Mr Bass.

Yes we do. Most don't really have any issues with out of state folks. They are indeed important to our economy. If you hunt or fish a ton you yourself will be out of state at times too.

We often get frustrated, for lots of reasons, but I guess that goes with the territory. All the states should have very similar rates for fees, but alas, they don't. Illinois USED to have a reciprocal rate with Wisconsin. Really frustrating are fees for out west states. Wyoming in particular, but not alone. . 65% or more of the total fees generated by their DNR, are from Non resident fees. That is available from their web site if you look.

Yet, way more than half of the hunting by non residents is done on public land, land that we all pay for, and frankly, land that is leased, etc to local grazing and other uses at rates that are absurdly low.

Again, I guess it goes with the territory.

Yup, all the states should charge the same or near the same.

6/6/14 @ 5:31 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
we outta raise the non resident licenses and put tolls up just for out of state people.

6/6/14 @ 2:50 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10
I know there are some really bad flatlanders just like there are some really bad cheeseheads. Here in Illinois we say the same thing about the huge amount of Hoosiers that work in our state. I also know that some of you don't like the over abundance of tourists, but if it wasn't for us flatlanders your state's economy wouldn't be nearly as strong as it is now. I alone spend a few thousand dollars every year. You all have a beautiful state and that's why people enjoy going there.

6/6/14 @ 12:48 PM
Rempump
User since 5/8/03
Heck let them bow hunt but stop the waterfowl hunting! Smile

A couple years ago I set a personal record of Illinois plated trucks. 9 at one spot!

6/6/14 @ 12:18 PM
grecothrown
grecothrown
User since 9/21/11
A quick look up: Illinois NR Archery $415 (tag) plus $57.75 (license)

Wisconsin NR Archery $160

6/5/14 @ 9:28 PM
chuckc
User since 3/21/14
I'm not necessarily against the idea, but not until Illinois lowers the non resident rates we have to pay. The NR Wisconsin deer tag is about as cheap as it gets. ChuckC

6/5/14 @ 9:06 PM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02
I will start being serious. I wouldn't mind if the DNR gave a single Il. resident that owns at least 40 acres and pays property tax, the right to pay resident fees

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.