Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Favorite Mathews Bow

7/30/15 @ 9:12 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Vindiesel
User since 5/29/11
Have owned a Q1, DXT, and now a Z7X. Loved my DXT never should have gotten rid of it. Z7X is nice but not as good as the DXT. Am in the market for something else. Asked the local Mathews dealer what he would dub as his best and he told me the Chill or ChillR. Your guy's thoughts and why. Main purpose would be hunting. Thanks in advance!

DISPLAYING 11 TO 19 OF 19 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/7/15 @ 12:00 PM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
User since 5/1/05
Had a Dren and liked it a lot, sold it to a kid for cheap when I bought my Hoyt Alphaburner, he needed an upgrade bad. I bought a Creed XS this winter and am not looking back.

Not sure how they can get better than that but they say the No-Cam is..........maybe in a few years but by then it will be something else.

8/7/15 @ 11:14 AM
ole 870
User since 6/27/01
My favorite Mathews was my first and only Mathews. It's a 2004 Outback, 8.5" brace height and short axle to axle, 70# but easy to draw. Love that bow and it's still killing game one season at a time. Black bear in Ontario next week, me and the Outback can't wait!

8/4/15 @ 5:09 PM
wihunter71
User since 10/23/12
Had switchback xt. This year retired it and got Chill R. Like it very much.

8/3/15 @ 10:54 AM
amstel239
User since 12/28/01
I agree with you predator. I have a Creed and it is awesome.

8/1/15 @ 8:49 PM
the predator
User since 11/1/11
I have a Mathews Creed and love it. It was designed with the bow hunter in mind for sure. It has a smooth draw cycle, solid backwall, no vibration, and it is really quiet.

With my current hunting setup it runs through the chronograph at 290 FPS with my 29" draw and 70 lbs draw weight.

I plan on keeping it until it is worn out.

8/1/15 @ 8:28 PM
RangerKid
User since 6/26/01
Had a switchback XT, liked it quite a bit. Have a DXT now, and like it even better. Slightly faster, a little shorter and lighter.

7/31/15 @ 7:42 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
any Mathews is my favorite. They are the god father of bows and bow technology. I would rather shoot any Mathews than any other bow any day of week. They make me feel like a super hero.

7/31/15 @ 7:30 AM
lovestofishnhunt
MEMBER since 6/13/06
My favorite Mathews bow of all time was the switchback. I loved the draw cycle on that bow. A little beefy in the grip, but that bow was a great shooter. The Chill series are speed bows and shoot nothing like the 3 you have previously owned. Pick out what you want in a bow (smooth draw, speed, short bow for tree stands and blinds, long bow for better stability/precision, etc.) and then go from there. Those chill series are also dual cam bows. You can't go wrong with a Mathews, but they all have different features. If you liked the DXT, why not try to find another? Good luck in your search. Buying a new bow is a lot of fun, enjoy your search.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 19 OF 19 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.