Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Face Paint

10/29/20 @ 7:58 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

I always follow a strict scent regime when I bow hunt. In the past couple of years I have tried several brands of face paint and they all stink badly. The multi colored packs of clay like sticks all stink like a box of crayons. I just want an easy to apply black covering that washes off when I am done. Most of the warriors on hunting shows seem to have found something that works. What is it? Mrt.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 14 OF 14 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/29/20 @ 9:50 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

My son's washable markers does the trick for me...

10/29/20 @ 8:34 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

I hunt in Central Wisconsin. My land is not real thick. I hunt funnels but you just don't know where your deer will be coming from. It is not as simple as setting up on the downwind side of a trail.  The only products I use are hunting soaps and scent away type sprays. They work. I am looking to avoid face shine. At certain times of the day, broken sunshine lights me up for a while. I do use a neck gator but I don't want it pulled up the whole time on stand. I would like to dull the area around my eyes and nose. I see the black substance used on hunting shows. It seems to have the characteristics that I am looking for. Mrt.

10/29/20 @ 8:07 AM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

My face is ugly enough that I’ve never worried about tree stand make up.

Years ago, I used to buy into all of the scent killing sprays and gimmicks. I don’t anymore. It’s all about wind. If your wind isn’t right, you can bathe in Dead Down Wind and still not make a difference. 

Honestly, if I was really worried about covering my face, I would smear mud on it. I think it would serve the same purpose and eliminate the chemical smell.

To each his own. Good luck this season!

DISPLAYING 11 TO 14 OF 14 POSTS
Advertise here
Mojo Ice gets a face-lift for 2021; sporting a new carbon dust blank and flat finish reel seat. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - NEW Mojo Ice Rods
Minn Kota Ultra: Proven in the real world. Year after year. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Ultrex
Built for the roughest conditions with more options and safety first and foremost in the design. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - NEW Strikemaster Pro Suit
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.