Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Deerfest this weekend Aug 5-7

8/1/16 @ 3:29 PM
ORIGNAL POST
ere
User since 2/22/07

Go away ronnie, or at least become a sponsor.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 15 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/12/16 @ 1:13 PM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12

"It's filled with "celebrities" and others who are trying to make hunting into an extreme sport or something that most of us older than 30 detest."

Ditto, I'm 19 and I couldn't agree with you more. 

Bowhunting has turned more into a competive, gimmick filled, money grabbing industry.

Probably because of the same reason country music has turned to garbage. Millieanals running up a charge on their credit card buying what ever is "in" and "trendy"

Couple hundred dollar ozonics scent control system, couple thousand dollar top of the line bow, hundreddollar broad heads with some celebrity endorsement, and a food plot that pretty much takes the skill out of hunting.

Yeah no thanks. I'll stick to my ole bow, a ground blind, and a few deer calls.

8/12/16 @ 1:03 PM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12

Here's the pamphlet.

8/12/16 @ 1:00 PM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12

Meat processor was Marty's and son sausage house. I tried their garlic cheddar summer sausage. It was unbelievable, a lot of summer sausage I've had in the past has been dry. It was incredibly moist, and the best sausage I have ever tried. I got a pamphlet in my drawer I grabbed from their booth. I'll take a picture of it and post it for ya.

What meat processor do you normally use? I've only taken my meat to ski's meat market in Stevens Point. Phenomenal snack sticks, I wasn't impressed by their brats however.

8/12/16 @ 12:54 PM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12

Haha no, I only put stickers and decals of brands I use and really like and political messages I agree with.

Never bought any bone collectors gear, I'm also pretty sure it may be a tv show, never seen it. 

But I've seen bone collector stickers and hats just about every where.

8/12/16 @ 9:51 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

FIshing Master...please tell me you aren't a "bone collector".

I get a kick out of the "bone collector" stickers on trucks.....all stickered up parked in the public hunting ground with 8 other trucks.   

BTW,  what was the name of the meat processor that you thought was good?  i'm looking for somewhere else to take some meat.  Just want to try something different.

8/12/16 @ 9:45 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12

Went there on August 6th. Had a good time, thought it was overpriced though. $12 for the same experience I can get at a cabelas. Found a few good deals here and there. Got a duck call for $4, a turkey decoy for $6, and I found a pretty cool deer call that can do buck grunts, doe bleats, and fawn bleats all one one call. The tone is variable. Pretty neat call, was worth the $20 I paid for it.

It was very crowded. And some of the sales people were pretty pushy. I understand they're probably being paid a commission to sell product, but when they practically try to grab the money from your hand that's where I consider it excessive. Even if the product was pretty cool, I'm not going to buy if I feel pressured from the salesman. 

Picked up more stickers for the truck, so that was cool. 

Was not a fan of the "horn whores" shirts for sale, not to mention deer don't have horns. They have antlers. Incredibly trashy, and gives hunters a bad name. 

I did talk to some cool people. Tried some amazing sausage from a deer processer I'm without a doubt going to use in the future. Best summer sausage I've ever had.

Had a good time, but probably won't be returning in the future. I'd rather just go to a cabelas, or go shooting with the money I'd pay for admission and parking.

8/11/16 @ 9:34 AM
jlkohl
User since 6/9/02

I took a walk through the show and saw alot of gadgets/trinkets...not very impressed. Did try some really good sausage and hot sticks though.

8/8/16 @ 6:10 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Ditto what ditto said, how many times has the guy been banned? comes back under yet another name, and all under the guise of peddling his (innovative sportsman) products via a convenient announcement of a sports show. Pathetic.

8/8/16 @ 9:10 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I think you guys summed it up well,  no need for me to elaborate any more.   If people would stop buying all the gimmicks and video's these jokers would be out of a job.  

I boycotted video's a long time ago.  You learn very little from the majority of them...it's all fist pumping and pushing products.  

8/7/16 @ 9:02 AM
ditto
User since 12/6/10

That shirt pretty much sums up Deer Fest IMHO.  It's filled with "celebrities" and others who are trying to make hunting into an extreme sport or something that most of us older than 30 detest. 

And then it also has poachers who are trying to sell gimmicks to hunters and advertise them all over the net without paying a dime in advertising - like this thread is!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 15 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.