SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Cell trail camera

9/26/20 @ 6:24 PM
INITIAL POST
Bugeye1
User since 9/25/14

Can anybody tell me if there is a cell trail camera that would work with us cellular?  I have no experience with these but every time I look into buying one its always a Verizon plan. Any help would be appreciated on how i could make it work with us cellular would be great! Thanks

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
10/24/20 @ 7:16 AM
Patrick Thomas
User since 11/14/17

I may be wrong, but many times when I'm in wooded areas I lose cellular signal strength.  If there are tall trees in front of your camera it could very well obstruct the signal the camera is sending to the tower. Another variable is weather.  If it is hazy, rainy cell signal strength is limited.  While it merely tests "Wifi" speed, do a "speedtest" on your phone & that will tell you if your Wi-Fi speed is the same as in an open area.  You'll have to turn off "cellular data" in your settings before you do the speed test.  It only takes a few minutes & it might save you a lot of thinking.  These cameras sure have come a long way with image quality, etc, however the cellular devices are only as good as the cellular tech inside of it, as well as whomever service you use, plus what I described above.  I hope this helps...someone.  Good Luck.  Try to get out in the next 6-12 days. I live in SE WI & the bachelor groups definitely have broken up other than the yearlings & there is quite a bit of sparing.  I amazingly witness a doe jump up to kick at a buck, as her fawn was near so she was either protecting her " baby" or she wasn't in the mood:)

10/23/20 @ 8:57 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Finally got a reply from Moultrie, it took 3 emails and 4 days but they sent me a shipping label and said to return the camera. Once I ship it they will send me a new one. We’ll see how the second one works. Really wanted to have this out during the rut, don’t look like that will happen now. 

10/19/20 @ 12:05 PM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Welder, I used to run the moultire modem with their newer cameras. I would get pics for the first couple of days and then nothing - same thing. No rhyme or reason and never an answer from Moultrie so i switched to the Cuddelink set up. Been happy with that so far 

10/19/20 @ 10:19 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Recently bought a Moultrie XA-6000 cellular trail camera. I’ve had it out almost 2 weeks and it has worked great but then stopped taking pics. On my way out to my stand I walked in front of it so figured I’d get a pic sent to me by the time I got to my stand but nothing. The next day I came back turned the camera off, swapped the memory card, formatted it and put it back up. It was dark out and I saw the flash come on when I walked in front of it so figured it was working. Still no pics sent. I emailed Moultrie yesterday but haven’t heard back yet. Anyone else have this issue?? My batteries and signal were both at 80% so that’s not the issue. 

10/2/20 @ 10:00 PM
MathewsMan
User since 5/17/02

Some Spartan Cams run on Uscell and can by right at Uscell Store. Also Spartan is good cell cam.

9/28/20 @ 7:26 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17
I 2nd what Dave said.. we are running 16 of them and the transmission / quality of photo's has been better than any other brands we've tried. 

The one issue i have been having more this year than ever before, are batteries blowing up inside of the cameras. We've been using the recommended brands and tried several different ones and it doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to the type of battery.. so that has been kind of frustrating. Anyone else? However, Cuddeback has been very good with sending out new cameras each time we've had the issue. 

9/27/20 @ 3:21 PM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

Cuddie link hands down.  With the new firmware upgrade u can run 24 cameras off one sending unit at $30 a month unlimited plan.  If u plan on running more then 3 cameras u should look I i it.  Also with the new firmware u can access all cameras via an app.  We run 18 cams and have had very few issues.

9/26/20 @ 6:47 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

I'm not sure but I think AT&T and Verizon are the two primary providers so as long as you can get their service in the area you want to put the camera you are good to go. It makes no difference who your provider on your phone is. The cell camera is a seperate plan most $10-15 per month.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE