LOGIN
Lake-Link

Bowhunting Reports and Pictures 2020

9/15/20 @ 12:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I went out on Saturday morning and evening.  My morning sit was mainly just to get out not necessarily shoot anything because it poured the whole time.  I sat in one of our rifle stands until 10am and didn't see anything.  I went back out around 4pm and the rain had stopped.  I ended up seeing 4 does and 2 fawns, they were not moving fast at all.  Sunday morning I went out for a few hours and didn't see anything, got to my stand location first thing and noticed that a squirrel halfway chewed through one of the straps of the stand I just hung last week.  I'm glad it was noticeable because if I tried to step on it I'd have probably taken a tumble.  

Overall it was just nice to get in the woods again.

Marquette County

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 48 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 7:33 PM
phelpsguy
User since 3/1/10

Sat tonight in northwest oneida county. Saw some does and big ones too. None of them had fawns. I love hunting with snow on the ground. I have a doe tag I decided to pass on them because there soon to be real life decoys for those bucks. 

10/19/20 @ 8:52 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

One of the bigger deer we've had on camera got hit by a car right in front of our farm on Wednesday or Thursday.  It was probably about a 145" 10pt.  Pretty unfortunate as he was a nice deer and the most active in our area.  I went out Friday evening and Saturday morning.  Saw 9 does/fawns and two small bucks Friday evening, nothing Saturday.  There's not a ton of sign but I found some fresh scrapes and rubs while walking around.  Saturday evening I got setup in my stand and pulled my bow back, when I let down something happened and my string jumped off the cam.  I think my jacket was hanging out too far and got rolled up in the string.  Needless to say that ended my hunting for the weekend.  I'm borrowing my cousins bow for the rest of the season and will be back at it halloween weekend.

10/16/20 @ 8:59 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Great sit tonight.  Wind finally died down.  Had a 5pt buck in range, hung out from 6pm til dark.  10 minutes later, a 6pt from same area.  He hung out most the rest of the time.  Later, 3 pt buck joined, he got 4 yards away.  Smaller 2 bucks spared for a while, mostly just pushing each other.   Great times.

10/9/20 @ 7:21 AM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

Sat last night 4:00-end and saw squirrels...just squirrels. Thought for sure they would be moving. Guess not where I was at least! Washington County

10/8/20 @ 10:12 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Sat 3:30 til dark, saw 9 does total all in the last 30 min. Neighbor was cutting alfalfa the whole time. 

10/8/20 @ 1:36 PM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

Anyone else sitting tonight? Seems too good not to sit. High pressure and beautiful weather! if i can get out of work on time I am headed out!

10/8/20 @ 12:35 PM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

Congrats Scoutking! Nice buck especially for public land in the MKE area! 

10/8/20 @ 11:04 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Got lucky with an early season buck on Sept. 20.  Our family moved down to SE WI over the summer and I've been working on learning some new public land pieces down there.  Lots of miles and trail cams over July, August, and September to end up killing this decent 8 in a spot I never set foot on.  Found a great looking bedding area while cyber scouting a public spot, decided on it and scouted my way in.  Found a great looking spot and within an hour of setting up had this buck slowly feed his way into location.  Decided that if he came into 20 or closer, I would punch my tag, and well...

10/6/20 @ 8:55 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

Mine are for sure all deer. Under branches and all. The 8 I left made 2 while I watched him. But ignored my licking branch.  Wood county 

10/6/20 @ 8:36 PM
PSE
PSE
MEMBER since 11/25/05

Are you sure they are not turkey scrapes looking for acorns?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 48 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.