LOGIN
Lake-Link

Bowhunting Reports and Pictures 2020

9/15/20 @ 12:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I went out on Saturday morning and evening.  My morning sit was mainly just to get out not necessarily shoot anything because it poured the whole time.  I sat in one of our rifle stands until 10am and didn't see anything.  I went back out around 4pm and the rain had stopped.  I ended up seeing 4 does and 2 fawns, they were not moving fast at all.  Sunday morning I went out for a few hours and didn't see anything, got to my stand location first thing and noticed that a squirrel halfway chewed through one of the straps of the stand I just hung last week.  I'm glad it was noticeable because if I tried to step on it I'd have probably taken a tumble.  

Overall it was just nice to get in the woods again.

Marquette County

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 31 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 12:26 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Awesome. I’m headed to Montana next September for elk. Can’t wait. 

TODAY @ 11:37 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Thanks again everyone.. BHG - I got him Northern New Mexico

TODAY @ 10:37 AM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Congrats to all on some nice animals. Full draw, where did you shoot the elk?

TODAY @ 9:29 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Grady- That is a dandy 1st buck. Congrats to your son. I am sure you will always remember that hunt.. Also congrats to Fulldraw on the beautiful bull..

TODAY @ 8:51 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Grady, that’ll make a dad proud!!  Setting the bar high right off the bat. 

TODAY @ 8:17 AM
grady
User since 11/27/02

My sons first bow buck.   He has passed on a quite of few over the last couple of years.    So proud of him.    Excellent shot as well.   He saw him tip over at 80 yards.  

TODAY @ 7:27 AM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

Congrats FULL DRAW! I started hunting elk out west a few years back and it is addicting! Shot a 5x5 in 2018 on my second trip. hoping to get back out there next year. Nice bull. 

TODAY @ 7:23 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Awesome, Junkie.. some good eats for your little one! 

JKohl - I thought I was prepared to handle how exciting it would be... not even close. It's unlike anything i've experienced and hope to do it again very soon. I had my first taste of Elk backstrap saturday night as well... that again, was an experience unlike any other.. haha. So good!

9/27/20 @ 8:34 AM
jlkohl
User since 6/9/02

Congrats Fulldraw!! Helluva adrenaline rush, hey? It's been a while for me, but I can almost smell that bull and hear the bugles. Good stuff!!

9/27/20 @ 12:54 AM
C-Junkie22
C-Junkie22
User since 11/16/10

Did not used to have a problem with shooting does with fawns until this year.   Had a son who is now 8months.  Finally found a lone doe.  Very happy with this gal.  This lifestyle effects who I am as a person and how I vote.  Couldn’t be happier with this food provided to my family.  Awesome evening.  Good luck to all that enjoy the outdoors. Three generations.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 31 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.