LOGIN
Lake-Link

Bowhunting Reports and Pictures 2020

9/15/20 @ 12:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I went out on Saturday morning and evening.  My morning sit was mainly just to get out not necessarily shoot anything because it poured the whole time.  I sat in one of our rifle stands until 10am and didn't see anything.  I went back out around 4pm and the rain had stopped.  I ended up seeing 4 does and 2 fawns, they were not moving fast at all.  Sunday morning I went out for a few hours and didn't see anything, got to my stand location first thing and noticed that a squirrel halfway chewed through one of the straps of the stand I just hung last week.  I'm glad it was noticeable because if I tried to step on it I'd have probably taken a tumble.  

Overall it was just nice to get in the woods again.

Marquette County

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 22 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 12:54 AM
C-Junkie22
C-Junkie22
User since 11/16/10

Did not used to have a problem with shooting does with fawns until this year.   Had a son who is now 8months.  Finally found a lone doe.  Very happy with this gal.  This lifestyle effects who I am as a person and how I vote.  Couldn’t be happier with this food provided to my family.  Awesome evening.  Good luck to all that enjoy the outdoors. Three generations.

9/22/20 @ 10:49 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17
Also - congrats to everyone on your success so far!

9/22/20 @ 10:47 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Not whitetail related, but I was able to connect from 40 yards on this 5x5. First Elk in general so I was pretty pumped. It was a great hunt with the bugling really picking up the last 1/2 of the week with some over 300" spotted but couldn't get a stalk to work out. What an experience hunting out west is. 

9/21/20 @ 2:58 PM
Slugchucker
User since 6/21/01

Early success this year, 9/13/20.  Acorns dropping are spreading them out a little, but still keying in on green by us.  Alfalfa is king at the moment, hitting brassica tops a little, mostly does and fawns in the plots right now.  Deer are still unpressured and out with plenty of legal shooting time left in our area.  That will change soon with the increase in hunting pressure, pending frost, and corn fields being chopped.

9/21/20 @ 2:52 PM
MarquetteCtyOutdoorsman
MarquetteCtyOutdoorsman
User since 10/13/05

That is a monster, da north!  Congratulations!!  We were out in the South of Marquette Co. Friday and Saturday.  Saw some.  Great weather.  But nothing like that!!  Great Stuff, Sir!

9/21/20 @ 2:03 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

We were heading out to the woods by 3:30 this past weekend. I was in the woods but couple buddies were hunting field edges and there were deer in the field already when they got there. They were both on doe patrol and both accomplished their mission. I never saw a deer. 

9/21/20 @ 12:40 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Thur - saturday were about the best days you'll ever see for early season.  did you see temps?  lol.   I was in a tree by 3PM all 3 days.  That's only 4 hours to sit,  any less a guy feels ripped off.  Friday the deer moved EARLY.  Thursday ok,  saturday was pretty standard,  6PM.

9/21/20 @ 12:31 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Who hunts 4pm this time of year?  Just shows you can't shoot them without being in the woods.  You set up between bedding and food?  No good story?  Great deer.

9/21/20 @ 12:06 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Da North,  one of the biggest bucks i've seen posted here in a long time.  HE IS HEAVY.  Marquette co though,  wow.  you must have a one hellva spot where people are shooting everything brown.  that deer is 5.5 and i'd bet a lot of money on it. 

9/21/20 @ 10:21 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

Congrats da north!!!  Beautiful buck!!!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 22 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.