SEARCH
MORE
Archery

bow fishing

3/27/19 @ 1:08 PM
INITIAL POST
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

Can anyone tell me if its possible to shoot carp with a bow 3 to 4 feet below the surface of the water? And how low would you have to aim to hit anything that deep?

Thanks in advance 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
3/4/20 @ 9:02 PM
bdb
User since 5/19/02

Quick question. Does anyone know of someone who may have a cheap left handed bow for carping? My son wants to bow fish but he's a southpaw. He's not a small kid at 16, 6'3" and a long draw.

2/27/20 @ 9:38 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

We used to bury them at a friends farm 

2/27/20 @ 9:14 PM
1jackpot
1jackpot
User since 8/23/10

I am new to carp fishing but just set up my bow. I live on a lake that has a lot of carp. I see them all the time under my pier. I feel like I could shoot a lot of them but not sure what to do with them if I do.

What do you all do with your carp after you shoot them?

Thanks for any help or advise.

4/23/19 @ 11:51 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

My advice is to aim low and then drop down another foot. Shot some suckers with my old bow this week-end. Probably been 50 years since I dragged out the old fiberglass Shakespeare green bow and shot fish. Kept missing until I doubled my drop. Mrt.

3/28/19 @ 4:58 PM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

Thanks for the tip

3/28/19 @ 5:22 AM
lookn
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05

Yes it is possible.  Your hold point depends on how far away the fish is and at what angle.  Use one of the heavier arrows and have fun.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE