Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Archery shops gone downhill

10/17/17 @ 6:06 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Pike River Outfitters
User since 5/3/08

Recently stopped at a Archery shop which is close to Cabelas in Richfield . This was formerly Archers Quest and all I can say is wow has that place changed . Very few bows in stock and very few accessories . It even looks like they peeled stickers off the wall and took some of the paint with it . Been that way all summer . You would think they would at least touch up the paint .  Hope they can turn it around . The place could / should be a goldmine .  Anyone notice Archery shops going downhill ? 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 23 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/22/17 @ 12:36 PM
Treeshark
User since 4/5/09

tunes, your first pic is one of the best kill pics I've ever seen, great pose and I love the lighting. That is awesome.

10/21/17 @ 6:43 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01
Three yrs ago I got in my stand and noticed a string was broke. Got back down in the middle of November and got it fixed right on the spot. The bow mechanic said he never saw that string break. I think I hit it with the broad head. He had it fixed for $53 on the spot. Dutches Trading Post in Fon Du Lac. I also go there for Lures and night crawlers. They have huge night crawlers and are about 1 mi. from Winnebago. They sell some guns there too. He knows a lot about bows. 

10/20/17 @ 3:54 PM
og tower
User since 8/26/12

a1 archery in hudson is good. They have expanded several times so definitely not one on the downhill.

10/20/17 @ 1:24 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

That's awesome.  i'd be honored to shoot that bow.  very nice.  

10/20/17 @ 11:14 AM
tunes
User since 5/25/08

Hey .Long Barrels,

I made this bow out of a fence post back in the 90's, it's still going strong and doing it's job. Have no experience with a Mathews.

10/20/17 @ 7:27 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Lazyfisher,  you are spot on.  It's very true.  If more would keep shooting periodically throughout the year then nothing would be an emergency Sept 1st when they pull out the bow for the first time.  

10/20/17 @ 6:26 AM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

If it's the same ownership as waaay back in the day, I'd expect nothing less. 

10/19/17 @ 10:38 PM
Musky_36
User since 4/27/02

I know this is going against the thread...however I found a pretty great shop in Marshfield called Bulleye's Sports..Passing through I have bought multiple bang items plus my last bow ...yes it's a Matthews but I know they sell different brands as well. When I had service work there ..I would say pretty top notch...just a customer

10/18/17 @ 4:01 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I bought my first bow 7 years ago from Cabelas because I didn't know any better.  My second and still current bow I bought from someone off of archery talk because I wanted a top end bow but didn't feel like paying $900-$1000 for a bow that loses value faster than a car.  I ended up picking up a $900 bow with an extra brand new string and a couple other accessories for under $400 shipped.  I'm still using it to this day.  I set up everything myself outside of the peep sight.  I set up an appointment and brought it into a shop called Strictly Archery in Shorewood, IL.  No issue there at all, he set me up with a new peep for a couple bucks.  I was happy so I bought a new soft case.  I also have experience with Glisson Archery in Plainfield, IL and was very happy with my help there.  I went there under the impression they were a Bear Archery Pro Shop.  Well they were not any longer, but the guy was more than willing to help me anyway.  I recommend either of those places.

10/18/17 @ 2:47 PM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06

"I'll make a bow out of a fence post before i shoot a Mathews." 

But then you would have the grip of a Matthew's... 

I bet people would have better experiences with bow shops if they went in January thru July.  The places are swamped with last minute people and most likely don't have the money to add extra staff.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 23 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.