SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Archery 2022 reports

9/11/22 @ 7:42 PM
INITIAL POST
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Please post stories, results here.   Less than a week away.  Can't wait.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 90 posts
1/9/23 @ 7:10 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Sat this weekend at my inlaws in fond du lac co. was lucky enough to get a nice big marsh doe, was a great night in the marsh and an unexpected nice wrap to the season!

12/5/22 @ 8:44 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Sat yesterday from sun up until a bit after noon.  Hard on the hands hanging a stand in 15 degree windy weather, but managed.  No deer.  Good sign around, but nothing.  May sit one or two more times, just running out of time sadly.  Plus-ice is calling.

11/20/22 @ 8:51 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Sat this morning until 11.  Nothing until this shows up around 830.  Have her bed 40 yards away for an hour.  Spooks to 3 yards, close for 5 minutes.  Really fun and rewarding.  Saw 5 doe 80 yards but never came near,

Archery 2022 reports photo by IceFishBaby
11/14/22 @ 8:21 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Great day in the stand.  Up by 115, saw a deer far off around 230.  10 minutes later a small 8 pt was 60 yards uphill of me.  He bedded for 10 minutes, then continued off.  Returned after 15 minutes and rebedded.  A bigger 8pt from same direction.  He got 30 yards, let an arrow go but deflected off a branch for a clean miss.   He only took 2 steps, stopped and watched me for a minute, then slowly moved off.  Last light watched a small buck from 80 yards away work eventually to with 20.  Gave a pass.   Great hunt, low wind, snow falling the first 2 hours.

11/14/22 @ 11:51 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Sat Sunday am until 10:30, nothing but squirrels.  Will get out this evening.  Snow.  Hoping they move.  Have yet to see any good daylight movement from the stand.  Maybe tonight.

11/14/22 @ 10:49 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

My uncle got a 120" 10pt first light on Friday morning. He said he just walked on through by himself. I haven't been out due to family obligations and work. I'm done with the bow until late season, heading over to camp on Friday for the 9-day gun hunt with the orange army. Hopefully the big boys I've been seeing just out of range come back through.

11/13/22 @ 1:14 AM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

Killed my first buck on our new farm last night. The 30 degree temps and snow really had the deer moving! I saw 6 bucks between 2pm and 4:30pm when I shot him...the first one I saw I was about 12 feet up my tree when he came cruising through about 50 yards away! All the bucks I saw were cruising, no chasing observed. 20 yard shot...ran 30 yards.

Archery 2022 reports photo by Master_Piker
Archery 2022 reports photo by Master_Piker
11/12/22 @ 10:00 PM
mudbucket
PRO MEMBER User since 12/21/04

Watched these two at noon today. She sure was ready. He hopped on 3 times in the 10 minutes we were watching them. Took the pictures and some videos,but not sure how or if for videos. Washington County.         Took a ride before dark. Lots of hunters out. Started snowing and the deer were definitely out moving. Good luck, sorry about the picture quality..

Archery 2022 reports photo by mudbucket
11/10/22 @ 7:07 PM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Shot this buck in Iowa County Monday night. I grunted at him as he passed by out of range. After walking about 100 yards, he turned and came right back, passing by the stand at 16 yards. I guess he couldn't resist coming back to check out the source of the grunting!  Good luck to those still trying to fill a tag!

Archery 2022 reports photo by Tito39
11/10/22 @ 7:03 PM
PSE
PSE
PRO MEMBER User since 11/25/05

My son shot this nice public land buck in Dunn Co. this morning. He's worked his as off and was bound and determined to shoot a big buck on public land. The drag was a extremely tough by himself though. I tried to get him to hunt on our land but he said, "dad, sitting in a ladder stand over a food plot isn't my idea of hunting". I guess. 24 yard shot on a scrape line.

Archery 2022 reports photo by PSE
11/10/22 @ 5:35 PM
Pickled Northern Pike
Pickled Northern Pike
User since 10/19/21

Oconto County this morning 8:00.   Walking alone panting.   Shot at 25 yards , saw him tip over 50 yards later .   66 years old and still doing it alone !  

Archery 2022 reports photo by Pickled Northern Pike
Archery 2022 reports photo by Pickled Northern Pike
11/10/22 @ 5:17 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

Spent another 3 days in "the land of no deer ", the sitting netted me 3 deer siting's, 2 bucks and a doe. Nothing even close, unless you count the chipmunk that came in my ground blind. Highlight for today was a turkey at 40 yards. Lots of sign but deer just aren't moving. I'm going to blame it on the weather, bow goes away, maybe gun season will be better or there better be a sale on "hot dogs"......

11/10/22 @ 12:03 PM
Swamp buck
User since 1/23/09

Nice Badger! Congrats

11/10/22 @ 10:26 AM
badgerstatehunter
User since 2/6/06

Had terrible weather for my rutcation until last couple days.  Tuesday morning my last day of vacation had a hot doe come in below me.  4 bucks including three shooters chased it but they were too far and then got to where hill wraps around and were gone.  An hour later a small six comes from direction deer went.  Probably knew he had no chance.  He browses below me for like half an hour when I see a body come.  This guy chases him away.  I grunt at him and he walks right to me.  14 pointer with a 18 inch spread.  Would have been 15 if not for busted split g2.  Still on a cloud.  He is at the taxidermist now.

Archery 2022 reports photo by badgerstatehunter
Archery 2022 reports photo by badgerstatehunter
11/9/22 @ 6:49 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

Southern Rock County 1 snack buck tonight at 430 was all on a 1230-dark sit... greatest sat 1130- dark and had a lot of midday action including biggest buck I have seen in stabs to date slowly pushing a doe along behind me around 1230- after 1.. saw this buck for at least 30min and he just never got quite close enough... back to work until Sunday then off a few more days to try again

Displaying 1 to 15 of 90 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE