Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Archery 2022 reports

9/11/22 @ 7:42 PM
ORIGINAL POST
IceFishBaby
USER SINCE 11/26/01

Please post stories, results here.   Less than a week away.  Can't wait.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 29 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

9/28/22 @ 11:03 PM
IceFishBaby
USER SINCE 11/26/01

shot Quartering toward doe at 8 yards on public in se mn 515 pm.  Tracked after 3 hours.  No blood with exit through guts blocking.  Went to where I saw last, went 40more yards and found her.   Nice big doe.   Been a fun year so far.  got one lung, liver, and guts.  Agree if I thought only guts to back out until tomorrow.  Had confidence in lung.

9/28/22 @ 7:30 PM
Bowhunting Guy
USER SINCE 5/22/18

Incredible buck. Congratulations to you sir!

9/28/22 @ 5:06 PM
da north
da north
MEMBER SINCE 12/23/08

Northern most part of forest county national forest public

9/25/22 @ 12:50 PM
lovestofishnhunt
MEMBER SINCE 6/13/06

Public Land on Saturday evening:. Sat over a ditch where there was some crossing sign.  Mature doe and this years fawn came out at about 640 pm.  Came right to the ditch where the doe crossed but the little one jumped in and started sloshing around in the water.  Kind of comical actually.  Doe couldn't smell me but I think she sensed something was up.  She was coming right to me then all of a sudden she took a sharp detour.  Cool none the less.  

9/23/22 @ 9:04 PM
Trapper Man
Trapper Man
USER SINCE 2/24/05

I just bought a 1 acre corner lot recently for dirt cheap and noticed the deer were using it like a highway. Wife recommended I remove a board off an old lean-to and sit. Hour later this one rolled through. Slightly high and back. Clipped top of one lung and got into the diaphragm with clean pass through but no gut. I tracked 30 yards and was going to back out but and she was tipped over right in front of me. I was surprised she died so fast without hitting much vitals. Southern Marinette Co.

9/22/22 @ 8:24 AM
IceFishBaby
USER SINCE 11/26/01

Nice shot Polski.  I saw nothing from the stand other than mosquito.  Will be a little bit until I can get back out.  

9/21/22 @ 9:56 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER SINCE 5/11/03

Haven't sat in the stand until this afternoon. Just don't want to hunt with temps pushing 80. Anyway with tomorrow predicted to 45 I thought why not.  So long story short, this doe came in with a couple yearlings and OK, went about 80 yards.

9/20/22 @ 9:20 PM
IceFishBaby
USER SINCE 11/26/01

Cold front tomorrow.  Will get out tomorrow after work.  Hope others get out.  

Side note.   Garbage comes tomorrow.  Today hit 90.  You can smell deer carcass from 2 blocks away.  

9/19/22 @ 4:40 PM
Knot so hot
Knot so hot
USER SINCE 1/28/11

I sat on some public land On Saturday morning. I had 2 does and a spike eating acorns around me for over an hour before I whacked one of the does. 20 yd shot and I watched her tip over 50 yds away. Nice short 150 yd drag back to the truck filled parking lot. Mosquitos were terrible.

This is my 2nd year using a saddle and I love it. Staying organized is important to success especially in the dark. I was set up 20 ft high with 3 hawk heliums and 3 double aiders in probably 10 minutes. It took almost half a season to really get comfortable using it but now I feel pretty efficient and safe in the stand. 

Good luck everyone and shoot straight 

9/18/22 @ 11:18 AM
IceFishBaby
USER SINCE 11/26/01

Great feedback.  Look forward to you hunting a few more times.  Setting up in the dark.  I may have to try.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 29 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.