SEARCH
MORE
Archery

all day sit

10/21/20 @ 8:14 AM
INITIAL POST
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

When do you start doing all day sits?  They are my favorite, however with two young kids, only get a few per year.  When do you start?  Guessing first week of November for most.  Will take a day off work for sure during this week.

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
11/3/20 @ 10:52 PM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

Congratulations on your buck.

Never said I was going to sit inside No time to watch tv!

but always timeTo scout or bird hunt.

11/3/20 @ 10:07 PM
JACKWAGON 999
User since 8/12/20

Would you rather hunt or watch TV. I would hunt. I did hunt all day Saturday with those 40 mph winds and shot a 10 point buck. Always chose to hunt.

11/3/20 @ 10:03 PM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

Going to be up north this weekend and it’s going to be 65!

Is it worth sitting in the stand during middle of the day when it’s this warm?

morning or afternoon going to be better?

10/24/20 @ 7:44 AM
Patrick Thomas
User since 11/14/17

As "FullDraw" stated...if it's cold you definitely want to get down out of your stand and stretch a bit.  Not only do your arm muscles get tight & fatigued in the cold as they tighten up naturally in the cold, but you want to partially pull back your bow, unless it's a crossbow, as it too gets extremely tight & harder to draw.  When you only have a spilt second to draw on a deer, you definitely don't want to be fighting your equipment.  I miss a chance at a nice "9" due to this several years ago.  All the daily shooting practice I did...never expected anything like this.  It felt like I was attempting to bend steel.   At least the buck was unaware, nor did he hear the expletives...Good Luck.  Stay warm & flexible.  

10/23/20 @ 8:28 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

I'll usually pull a few all day sits from Oct 31 to Nov 8.. a tip i can offer - stretch occasionally throughout the day.. several years back i sat all dat in early november on a sub 20 degree day.. had a 10pt come by with 5 minutes left of shooting light and took so much effort to draw my bow he spooked off from being so cold / tight. that was a REAL bummer, but a valuable lesson learned   

10/22/20 @ 5:41 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

All day sits are a love/hate thing for me. It’s a long day if ur not seeing anything!  I’ve had times where I sat from dark til dark and didn’t see a deer all day but just as I was packing up to leave they come walking by. I’ve also had times where I’ve seen deer, does and multiple bucks non stop between 10am - 2pm. You just never know, it’s still nice being out in the woods though. I like when u plan for an all day sit and shoot one right away in the morning lol. 

10/21/20 @ 11:38 PM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
User since 2/4/09

Hoping to hit it hard Oct 30th thru Nov 2nd. Main focus is gonna be getting the daughters on some bucks and if theres time for me, well thats cool too. Im still having nightmares from the huge 10 pointer that caught me without my crossbow in my hand last year.....Good luck to all and stay safe out there!!!

10/21/20 @ 1:54 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I've had great luck seeing bucks mid day the past few years. It is hard for me to sit all day though, I have a tiny stand for carrying in on public land so I start to get a sore back after a while. I like to do 3/4 day sits. Walk in late morning, hang my stand and hunt till dark. Or hunt first light till late afternoon. 

10/21/20 @ 12:53 PM
cohoho
cohoho
PRO MEMBER User since 5/10/07

Picture is not correct.... Not sure who that is but mine wont show.

try this again

10/21/20 @ 12:51 PM
cohoho
cohoho
PRO MEMBER User since 5/10/07

Arrowed this guy 2 years ago on veterans day. 178-2/8" 11 pointer. If I wouldn't of burned vacation earlier this year on a surgery, I would be taking off 11/3-11/11. The boys are ready & moving around right now but the girls are not ready (Vernon county).  

10/21/20 @ 10:49 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

For me I'm usually up north in the national forest and the most buck pictures that I have gotten over the years have been around the first to second week of November.  I know they are moving more earlier, but that just has been historically the most pictures of different bucks cruising through for me.  So I try to take off for 4 days or so during that time and do all day sits.  This year I'm doing 11/5 - 11/8.  The weekend after too of course if needed, but that is my main plan.

Sort of the same boat with limited time and family wanting to do other things, I don't hunt like I used to.  

10/21/20 @ 9:31 AM
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

I am like most of you and have family, work and other commitments. Very limited on full day sits. For some reason on my property November 4-10 always seems to be near peak for buck movement. I use the few days I have available during that week. This year the 7th and 8th are a Saturday Sunday so I will sit all day. 

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE