Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Airbows

12/28/16 @ 8:11 PM
ORIGNAL POST
mikeinfranksville
User since 12/7/08

Air bows are advanced technology. Any thoughts on legality for Wisconsin the the future"

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 26 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/4/17 @ 8:47 AM
CatfishHunter47
CatfishHunter47
User since 1/16/07
un·eth·i·cal

Simply that, because at some point fair-chase is no longer that.

Archery hunters are passionate about the sport for a reason and JC has a point that there are both hunters and killers.  Anymore l too agree that it appears that the sport is more about bragging and killing than teaching others "mostly youth hunters" the core values of the hunt.

1/4/17 @ 8:08 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

JC Wisconsin hit it right on the head.  If enough people whine and complain the WDNR will make it legal.  It's all about the money.  WI doesn't manage deer,  they manage license sales and if making another season will put money in the pockets of the state,  what's another few thousand dead deer.  I hope in a few years the population just takes a crap and there are very few deer around.  Half the "non hunters" will not go and hopefully never come back.  Then maybe the DNR will actually manage the herd rather than try and destroy it by having 4 gun seasons basically.  Holiday hunt, youth hunt, t zone, ML season yadda yadda.  Just sick. 

I be all up for what PNY said,  i've been saying it for years.  1 buck state....hand out one buck tag and one doe tag or two tags but only one can be used for a buck.  you don't kill a buck,  shoot two doe.  It's far better than people I know killing 8 deer in the year just to give them to people.  Those slobs just need to figure it out. Should I care if they did it legally,  NO.  however they are the same people that whine and cry when they are seeing any deer or it's been a tough Oct or rut for them.  Some people aren't hunters,  they are killers and try to impress others.  personally i'm about the hunt.  I can have just as much fun passing and watching deer as I do putting an arrow through them.

1/4/17 @ 6:54 AM
Old Salt
Old Salt
User since 8/14/02

Ah! Here we go. When you have no logical argument against someone else's opinion, start launching the personal attacks.

I'll give you another chance.

Why do YOU care what somebody else uses to kill a deer with as long as it is legal?

Let me guess. Because it leaves fewer deer for YOU?

1/3/17 @ 11:10 PM
CatfishHunter47
CatfishHunter47
User since 1/16/07

No worries old salty fart!

They'll probably be legalized for your caliber of this generations sportsboys soon enough. 

1/3/17 @ 9:36 PM
Old Salt
Old Salt
User since 8/14/02

Who cares what they call it?

Call it airbow season and make it from September 15 to January 31.

Why is everybody so worried about what OTHER people use to kill deer?

1/3/17 @ 7:54 PM
CatfishHunter47
CatfishHunter47
User since 1/16/07

If this gets passed then I should be able to bring my air rifle with me while in the bow stand. Think about all those pesky squirrels meals followed by quiet woods you could enjoy.

It's just lazy anyway you look at it but it is sad that compund bows will soon be considered conventional archery ways and recurves while become part of the past.  I must be regressing or respect the sport because I want to get a recurve before I become too much older.

1/3/17 @ 6:57 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Better be during gun season. That's definitely not archery.  Why does everyone want easy. You want easy continue to gun hunt

1/2/17 @ 8:52 PM
Old Salt
Old Salt
User since 8/14/02

I'm not surprised at all. The deer in those states belong to ALL the citizens, including those who don't wish to use a bow or even hunt at all. Someone wanting to kill a deer with an airbow should have the same opportunity as anyone else. I don't care how much practice it takes to maintain proficiency as long as the hunter is proficient with the weapon.

1/2/17 @ 1:42 PM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05

I was surprised to read they are already legal in four different states.( AZ,AL,NC and SC).

1/2/17 @ 12:15 PM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

I first heard of "airbows" on the airgun websites I read. I abide with Dude that " they're a gun that shoots an arrow". Since Wisconsin has become an "open for business" state instead of an escape, I'm sure Bugle Trout is right about following the money. Friends of the thirty shot clip sportsmen in our legislature will ram this thru. I'll bet the same rotary magazine that the kids pelted me with Nerf bullets this Christmas ,will eventually show up on airbows. Hey...if the letters BOW are in the name .....

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 26 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.