LOGIN
Lake-Link

2021/22 bow hunting reports

9/18/21 @ 4:31 PM
ORIGINAL POST
mcsb
mcsb
USER SINCE 6/6/10

Had a little year and a half come in at 7am ish... Downwind and crossed walk in path and kept going... Cool to experience ground hunting in a marsh/crp area... Later went to check a cam close in area and got within 40 of a small doe with the sun at my back... Good check I'll be trying to hunt that area after working this weekend 2 nice bucks around there just no daylight pics will have to gameplan to move in close to suspected bedding provided they aren't in the corn there... All public land se wi..  tight(bow)strings and good luck everyone this season. I'm pumped!

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 152 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

11/6/21 @ 6:29 PM
budman1987
USER SINCE 1/19/03

Well I am officially on vacation go figure it gets warm.. historically speaking the 10th-14th are best where I hunt and I see another cold front on the horizon.. prolly check off the honey do list early in the week then all day sits when it cools back down.. good luck everyone and congrats to those that have connected

11/5/21 @ 9:49 PM
badgerfowl
USER SINCE 10/1/12

8am this morning in Sauk county. Saw him last night but no shot. Gave me an easy one today. Went about 40 yards. 

11/5/21 @ 8:21 PM
budman1987
USER SINCE 1/19/03

Bucks are moving big time in rock county have yet to see much chasing mostly checking scrapes but they are moving all day.. convinced my hunting partner to sleep in and mid day hunt.. he got out around 10am and hit a nice one at 1115... after a 3 hr lay he took up tracking walked past the buck once within 20 yards as he doubled back he kicked it up. ??‍??decided to let it go and he and a friend are going first thing In the am. I'm hoping for the best for him and hoping to post pictures tomorrow.  Get out there 10am till dark has been best we have seen at least 12 different bucks in the last 2 days..

11/5/21 @ 8:15 PM
icefitchin
icefitchin
USER SINCE 12/13/03

Shot a nice 11 point on 11/3. Private - green county. 

Very little pics or rut activity. Daytime cell pics did pick up after 10/30. 

Right place, right time. Super happy!

11/5/21 @ 6:44 PM
Tito39
USER SINCE 7/6/04

Shot this guy in Iowa County yesterday afternoon. Cruising mid-afternoon looking for does. 

11/5/21 @ 6:02 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
USER SINCE 7/17/09

Sat this evening in the heavy wind. Wind don't matter rut is on! 

2 small bucks pass by bout 5. Small basket 8 and an ugly one. Dropped 10" tine behind right eye and a broken stub on the other side. Creepy

Did see a mom and yearling around 6. Free passes. 

Pic a lil blurry but not bad for flipping phone out with it standing 10ft from me.   It actually walked past me, turned around came back towards me. Whata goof. 

Lacrosse county 

11/5/21 @ 3:54 PM
Pickled Northern Pike
USER SINCE 10/19/21

This guy was checking scrapes 5:40 last evening in Oconto County.   Took out his lungs with a 22 yard shot and I watched him tip over in corn stubble 80 yards away.   2 1/2 year old.   Yum!

11/5/21 @ 8:42 AM
Cory2
USER SINCE 7/16/10

To add, have yet to hear a single grunt while hunting yet. 

11/5/21 @ 4:45 AM
Rattle em up
USER SINCE 4/19/21

All day sit on Wednesday, saw 7 bucks on the move, morning was more active.

11/4/21 @ 6:27 PM
Cory2
USER SINCE 7/16/10

4 hour sit (actually stand as I prefer to be on the ground) and nothing until just at close. 2 doe walked by super chill. Looked like mom and last years baby. baby walked by downwind at 5 yards never knew i was there. mom busted me. maybe best rut activity by me will be around 10-13 like last year. 

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 152 POSTS
Advertise here
Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos feature a Ceymar micro baitfeeder, a full grip non-reel seat handle for customized placement, and a 1-pcs 24-ton carbon rod blank construction. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos
An ice rod built as tough as the frozen winter landscape of the ice belt. A new platform for St. Croix, the Tundra series is a culmination of ice centric features demanded by hardwater anglers. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Tundra Ice Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.