LOGIN
Lake-Link

2021/22 bow hunting reports

9/18/21 @ 4:31 PM
ORIGINAL POST
mcsb
mcsb
USER SINCE 6/6/10

Had a little year and a half come in at 7am ish... Downwind and crossed walk in path and kept going... Cool to experience ground hunting in a marsh/crp area... Later went to check a cam close in area and got within 40 of a small doe with the sun at my back... Good check I'll be trying to hunt that area after working this weekend 2 nice bucks around there just no daylight pics will have to gameplan to move in close to suspected bedding provided they aren't in the corn there... All public land se wi..  tight(bow)strings and good luck everyone this season. I'm pumped!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 143 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

11/16/21 @ 8:41 AM
beanthewalleyslayer
beanthewalleyslayer
USER SINCE 1/18/10

Congrats to everyone,  lake shiner way to get our youth out and hunting!

I managed to fill my tag last Sunday. He was working a grass edge searching for does.  Hit him with a bleet can and he came in on a rope.. game over 20 yd broad side!  Smoking sausage and snakin Stix this afternoon for gun season.  Good luck to everyone for the remainder of bow season and upcoming gun

11/15/21 @ 10:17 AM
redskin
USER SINCE 1/28/02

Washington County:   30 yd shot, ran 30 yds  g5 Montec. 

11/15/21 @ 10:13 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER SINCE 7/20/09

Had a boys weekend with my son up north in Price County.  I had a Spypoint out in the national forest and it was getting consistent pictures watching a trail on top of a ridge with a number of scrapes on it.  I also made a mock scrape/licking branch that was getting some attention.   We put up a 2 person stand midday and sat that afternoon.  A doe come through at about 4:20 and he made a good shot on it, went about 40 yards.  It was his first archery/crossbow deer (he's 9).  

Might be getting a youth compound for Christmas since he's been talking about it, seems to have interest.  Its funny how kids will ask for games and I say no, but ask for hunting/fishing stuff and I'll buy it all.

11/15/21 @ 6:49 AM
Cory2
USER SINCE 7/16/10

sat last night and NOTHiNG again. wind was right for where i sat. i find my mind goes to unfinished projects and getting back out gets harder and harder to do. Might be done this year with tag soup.  Fine with me at this point. Most ironic is took the dog out at 5 am this morning and heard my fist buck grunts of the season in my neighbors front yard.

11/15/21 @ 3:39 AM
Justfellow
USER SINCE 1/28/21

Was hoping to see something to fire me up this weekend up north but saw one deer running across field in way out from one of four sits.  Snow was exciting and it was not as cold Sunday as Saturday, but deer movement simply was stingy.  Did not hurt deer herd this past weekend.  Gotta dress warmer next weekend for sure.  Like winter wonderland yesterday in marathon county.

11/14/21 @ 1:21 PM
lightning95
lightning95
USER SINCE 1/7/14

No deer sighted from stand in Jefferson County.  However, I must have seen six big bucks chasing does in the open driving home.  Almost hit one.  Today is the day!

11/12/21 @ 6:35 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
USER SINCE 7/17/09

Best evening yet for deer action.

Rut full throttle. Lacrosse cty.

Seen 8 deer between 4-5pm. 4 bucks and 4 Does.  All the bucks were moving swiftly. One of the  decent 8pts was giving good chase on the Doe pack (Doe+3 yearlings). One of the young 8pt grunted right by me. Seen the ugly buck I seen last week trailing behind in real nice 8 or 10pt on a mission. Jus deer watching. No shooter shots. 

11/12/21 @ 8:56 AM
Tuffy2
USER SINCE 7/7/04

fishnhunt14…..I wish you a fast recovery and a great gun hunting season.

11/12/21 @ 12:34 AM
Mr.Seaguar
USER SINCE 2/5/05

If you gun hunt opening weekend you might hunt smack in the middle of the rut.

11/11/21 @ 6:34 PM
fishnhunt14
USER SINCE 4/17/07

My rut-cation was a bust this year. Made it out on Halloween weekend, no luck. Shortly after I had some bizarre health problems and eventually needed surgery that has had me laid up since. I was thinking I'd for sure make it out this weekend, but I don't think I will be physically able to now. I'm not healing as quickly as I thought I would. I will definitely be out opening weekend of gun season, but will see how far I can walk and if I can make it back to my primary area. 

Enjoy the time you are able to make it out, you just never know when something could happen. I was looking forward to the rut since last year and just like that, missed it completely this year.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 143 POSTS
Advertise here
The head, body and goose-feather accents of each jig are entirely purple and enhanced with Ultra Glow technology, which holds a charge for as many as 15 minutes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: VMC - NEW Glow Purple Tungsten Fly and Bullfly Jigs
Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos feature a Ceymar micro baitfeeder, a full grip non-reel seat handle for customized placement, and a 1-pcs 24-ton carbon rod blank construction. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos
An ice rod built as tough as the frozen winter landscape of the ice belt. A new platform for St. Croix, the Tundra series is a culmination of ice centric features demanded by hardwater anglers. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Tundra Ice Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.