MORE
Archery

2021/22 bow hunting reports

9/18/21 @ 5:31 PM
INITIAL POST
mcsb
mcsb
User since 6/6/10

Had a little year and a half come in at 7am ish... Downwind and crossed walk in path and kept going... Cool to experience ground hunting in a marsh/crp area... Later went to check a cam close in area and got within 40 of a small doe with the sun at my back... Good check I'll be trying to hunt that area after working this weekend 2 nice bucks around there just no daylight pics will have to gameplan to move in close to suspected bedding provided they aren't in the corn there... All public land se wi..  tight(bow)strings and good luck everyone this season. I'm pumped!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 153 posts
9/1/22 @ 10:59 PM
badgerfowl
User since 10/1/12

2021 bow buck

2021/22 bow hunting reports photo by badgerfowl
1/1/22 @ 11:14 PM
Justfellow
User since 1/28/21

One final morning hunt yesterday. Three does and six pointer 75 yards away. Think they shied away cause wing, what little there was, was we until it switched to north. I lasted three hours.  They were pretty brown and healthy. Grow big for next fall.

12/22/21 @ 10:36 AM
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

It was a liver shot I believe. The exit hole was gone. Coyotes ate that side. The entrance was in a decent location. I think it was slightly quartering toward her and the arrow worked back toward liver and gut. Was able to salvage 1 back ham and a front leg. The backstraps were completely gone. I guess we need to share with wildlife.

12/21/21 @ 11:07 PM
beanthewalleyslayer
beanthewalleyslayer
User since 1/18/10

Congratulations on finding it and way to stick with it!  Just wondering if it was a liver shot or gut 

12/21/21 @ 12:03 PM
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

deer has been found. Not just by me but also the coyotes. I will salvage the one side that was untouched.

12/21/21 @ 9:26 AM
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

She said at the shot it jumped about 6 ft in the air. Didn't see it hunch up at all. Happens so fast though who knows. She is a teenage girl so has a lot to learn about observation after the shot.

12/21/21 @ 9:11 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I don't think it would just go and lay down on a muscle hit.  My experience anyways, muscle hits will bleed a decent amount at first and then trail off.  Sounds kind of like gut to me.  If it hunched up after the shot I would think that as well.  I hear you on second guessing, if they bed like that...something didn't go right.  Hate that feeling.

Only other place I ever hit a deer and had it act like that was a very low hit.  Fat clogged it up pretty quickly and the only reason I even found that deer was because of snow.

12/21/21 @ 8:45 AM
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

Well I think I screwed up last night. My daughter shot a doe with the bow. No blood sign to be found. Looking around spotted the  deer bedded up looking at us about 50 yards away. Made The decision to try and stick another arrow in her. As we were moving to get a clear shot she took off. Kicking myself this morning. Should have followed my own advise and just backed out. About a fist size blood spot were she was laying. Wonder if it was a gut shot? Blood didn't smell like gut. Or could it be just high? Will look again this after noon. When she took off was not moving very fast. Hopefully bedded up again close by.

12/20/21 @ 4:02 PM
Justfellow
User since 1/28/21

Went up North Saturday afternoon and again Sunday morning. Spectacular morning yesterday with frosty temps but sun and no wind until bout 10:00 am.  Lots of deer moved in the afternoon Saturday but nothing that I saw  deep in the woods.  Was cool to see five does yesterday morning but no buddy with them.  Spectacular morning with frosty sparkling trees.  So beautiful.  Was worth the effort to get out.  So much better than reading bout those who hate now hunting.  If it’s that bad, don’t go and please don’t share your frustration.  We are so blessed to have the land we have in this state. Happy holidays all.

12/17/21 @ 10:02 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

lacrosse Co

Sat this afternoon for a couple hours. Didn't see squat other than a few eagles and owls. Red headed woodpecker swung through a few times for entertainment. 

Mayb a couple more sits til ice fishing gets rolling. Fun sitting there reflecting on earlier hunts in the season. Looking forward to next season already. Boy it gets cold fast as the sun drops.

11/16/21 @ 9:41 AM
beanthewalleyslayer
beanthewalleyslayer
User since 1/18/10

Congrats to everyone,  lake shiner way to get our youth out and hunting!

I managed to fill my tag last Sunday. He was working a grass edge searching for does.  Hit him with a bleet can and he came in on a rope.. game over 20 yd broad side!  Smoking sausage and snakin Stix this afternoon for gun season.  Good luck to everyone for the remainder of bow season and upcoming gun

2021/22 bow hunting reports photo by beanthewalleyslayer
2021/22 bow hunting reports photo by beanthewalleyslayer
11/15/21 @ 11:17 AM
redskin
User since 1/28/02

Washington County:   30 yd shot, ran 30 yds  g5 Montec. 

2021/22 bow hunting reports photo by redskin
11/15/21 @ 11:13 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Had a boys weekend with my son up north in Price County.  I had a Spypoint out in the national forest and it was getting consistent pictures watching a trail on top of a ridge with a number of scrapes on it.  I also made a mock scrape/licking branch that was getting some attention.   We put up a 2 person stand midday and sat that afternoon.  A doe come through at about 4:20 and he made a good shot on it, went about 40 yards.  It was his first archery/crossbow deer (he's 9).  

Might be getting a youth compound for Christmas since he's been talking about it, seems to have interest.  Its funny how kids will ask for games and I say no, but ask for hunting/fishing stuff and I'll buy it all.

2021/22 bow hunting reports photo by lakeshiner
11/15/21 @ 7:49 AM
Cory2
User since 7/16/10

sat last night and NOTHiNG again. wind was right for where i sat. i find my mind goes to unfinished projects and getting back out gets harder and harder to do. Might be done this year with tag soup.  Fine with me at this point. Most ironic is took the dog out at 5 am this morning and heard my fist buck grunts of the season in my neighbors front yard.

11/15/21 @ 4:39 AM
Justfellow
User since 1/28/21

Was hoping to see something to fire me up this weekend up north but saw one deer running across field in way out from one of four sits.  Snow was exciting and it was not as cold Sunday as Saturday, but deer movement simply was stingy.  Did not hurt deer herd this past weekend.  Gotta dress warmer next weekend for sure.  Like winter wonderland yesterday in marathon county.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 153 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE