LOGIN
Lake-Link

2021/22 bow hunting reports

9/18/21 @ 5:31 PM
ORIGINAL POST
mcsb
mcsb
USER SINCE 6/6/10

Had a little year and a half come in at 7am ish... Downwind and crossed walk in path and kept going... Cool to experience ground hunting in a marsh/crp area... Later went to check a cam close in area and got within 40 of a small doe with the sun at my back... Good check I'll be trying to hunt that area after working this weekend 2 nice bucks around there just no daylight pics will have to gameplan to move in close to suspected bedding provided they aren't in the corn there... All public land se wi..  tight(bow)strings and good luck everyone this season. I'm pumped!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 30 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/11/21 @ 3:45 PM
Tuck1212
USER SINCE 12/8/19

This coming weekend should be good first real cool front!!!

10/10/21 @ 1:20 PM
antler junkie
USER SINCE 8/17/05

Nice size doe Welder, congratulations . Should be some good eating there. 

10/10/21 @ 12:07 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
USER SINCE 12/19/10

Got in 3 sits over the weekend. Friday evening didn’t see anything, found 5 or 6 new scrapes around the field edge. Saturday morning got out just as daylight was cracking, saw 3 tails on the way in then 10 minutes after setting up I saw movement 60 yds to my left and here comes a small doe feeding along. Watched it for 30 minutes, it ended up walking right underneath my stand. It got a pass to grow up. Saturday evening hunted on the edge of the woods along standing corn field, saw about 6 does. One nice one gave me a 10yd broadside shot that I couldn’t pass up. She ran about 50yds and piled up. Had to fill her with ice packs til this morning, man we need some cooler weather!!

10/10/21 @ 10:58 AM
IceFishBaby
USER SINCE 11/26/01

Sat this morning but nothing.   

10/10/21 @ 8:41 AM
Justfellow
USER SINCE 1/28/21

Until there is a frost in marathon county and surrounding area, I am done going out. Feeding way too many mosquitoes. So hard to sit without waving around my face at those little buggers.  Come on cold weather. 

10/8/21 @ 9:26 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER SINCE 6/12/10

Youth hunt this weekend.  Make sure you guys dig out your blaze orange.

10/7/21 @ 4:42 PM
mcsb
mcsb
USER SINCE 6/6/10

Out wed am after work... Made the hour trek to a spot... Nothing lol nice morning out though... Set a camera up just have to wait for the next wind to go in and check cam activity... Time to start really looking for active scrapes here... Maybe rattle a time or two... Been thinking of roaming around doing sets trying some rattling on expansive public tracks idk we'll see probably won't and really need to just just buckle down and hunt an area thats known to have good bucks

10/5/21 @ 9:27 PM
Highbridge
USER SINCE 1/29/18

12 years ago, it was $400. That was in the upper peninsula, I forget the guys name, over by Wallace. Today it is $800 plus tax. Put half down this morning. It will be a year before its done, Norlings shop south of Rhinelander. 

10/5/21 @ 5:54 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
USER SINCE 7/17/09

Nice looking mount. Great tip for preserving.  

What's the price tag for something like that?

10/5/21 @ 4:58 PM
Highbridge
USER SINCE 1/29/18

Yeah, that coyote was a female. Dropped it off at the taxidermist this morning. So any of you get the opportunity to harvest a coyote and want to get it mounted, what you do is put it in the freezer asap. Don't field dress it, just put it in the freezer whole. Learned that from a taxidermist when I got one 12 years ago with my bow.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 30 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.