Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2019 updates from the stand

9/13/19 @ 8:53 PM
ORIGNAL POST
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Look forward to stories and get a feel for movement.  Look forward to the opener tomorrow.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 85 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/11/19 @ 9:34 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12

Maybe it’s just the calm before the storm...who really knows.. 

11/11/19 @ 7:21 PM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

Update...seven does hit the corn in last 15 minutes. Not a buck in sight!

11/11/19 @ 7:07 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12

About the same for me guys. Sat both Saturday and Sunday mornings and evenings and only saw 1 doe all weekend. Very slow. 

11/11/19 @ 5:08 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

Takem , I noticed the same thing yesterday. I was surprised I didn't see anything . 

11/11/19 @ 4:02 PM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

It is cold windy and nothing moving...Washington county 

11/11/19 @ 10:07 AM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Waupaca co:

hunted sat am conditions about as perfect as it can be for deer hunting imo, had one beat up old spork come to 30yds and turn and walk away after grunt, during that same .5 hour seen 3 does filter through and go away we hunted until 11am  that was it for the day. really slow, hope it picks up for gun.

goodhuntin all!

11/10/19 @ 4:28 PM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

I thought this would be the weekend the bucks really moved but I saw nothing.  Very few tracks in the fresh snow.  Had new snow both Saturday and Sunday AM.  Maybe the deer were bedded in the spruces.

11/10/19 @ 1:08 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER since 5/11/03

Hunted this morning, Marinette co.  Pretty quite morning, about 7:30 a big high racked buck prances by at about 80 yards. Nice white rack, not following anything, head up high, would have been a nice rifle shot.  I grunted and he never slowed down, rattled a little to try and get him back, no luck. Wind really started picking up about 9:30 so left. 

Checked camera, few does late at night.

11/9/19 @ 10:18 PM
maverick_12
User since 12/22/12

Hunted today in eastern Eau Claire County. Three does came by around 10. Just a mom and with her 2 babies. Thought that was strange given by this time you would expect mom to be away from her kids. No bucks following her either. Had a small spike or a fork walk by earlier in the morning - not grunting and not in a hurry.  But I was just happy to see a few deer. 

This year has been surprisingly slow.  Just no sign and very little activity that makes you feel like the rut is going on. Talked to a state patrol guy at the gas station and asked how the activity has been with deer collisions and he said he hasn't been as busy as he thought he would be. 

11/9/19 @ 7:33 AM
redskin
User since 1/28/02

Similar experience in Shawano county did not see a deer yesterday, even in stands that traditionally have high activity. Never saw cold slow down deer activity, but have no other explanation. 3 deer seen between three of us yesterday- one guy saw all three....shining last night was really Sfc low as well. Everything seems to be holed up

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 85 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.