EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

50 days! Discuss, pics, etc etc.

Displaying 21 to 30 of 190 posts
11/17/19 @ 11:07 AM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

Well another bow season is in the books for us. First congrats to anyone who bagged the big one or any deer for that matter. Its always a challenge no matter your skill level. We went 0 for the season with plenty of seat time, there's two reasons for that. Number 1 waiting for the big guy, he was on camera but never came in range. Number 2 missed shots  when they presented themselves. Myself at 76 just happy to be in the woods sitting in my ground blind with x-bow. My two loyal partners, grandsons 13 & 22 trained them both. Older one has developed his skills, but he believes everything he reads and is hunting horns. Younger one first year shooting compound bow so he's still on the learning curve.  Oldest passed everything, never shot..... Youngest missed an 8, spike and doe. So he had his chances but never wanted to leave the woods. Myself I missed an 8, passed fork, basket and several does. But still was a great season just being in the woods on our own 40. Getting out the blaze and 06 as we speak and the freezer is still empty. Remember if you got your choice between Luck or Skill take "luck" every time.  Case in point, my son a sometimes hunter went with us gun hunting last year, gave him 30-30 and 3 shells, he  sat in open 15' stand edge of field, no one has ever used, at 8 a.m., he shoots a 150 class buck, aimed for front shoulder hit it base of the skull. Now ask me again about luck or skill !!!  Good Luck ( there's that word again) !!

11/16/19 @ 3:24 PM
badgerfowl1
User since 10/1/12

Haha bueller. It’s an inch shy of the other 10 I shot in 2014 so another euro is in the works. I’ve set my shoulder mount # at 125”. This was a touchdown short. 

With this new ground I don’t doubt it’ll happen someday.  Potential for 150”+ is there. Saw one like that twice this fall just over the hill about 1/4 mile away. 

11/16/19 @ 9:17 AM
bueller
User since 1/4/03

There you go badgerfowl!!!! You better not opt for a Euro on that one too....time to pay the taxidermist!

11/16/19 @ 9:03 AM
TunaBoat
TunaBoat
PRO MEMBER User since 4/11/02

Congrats badgerfowl1.  Very nice buck.

11/15/19 @ 10:35 PM
badgerfowl1
User since 10/1/12

4:40pm tonight Sauk co

11/15/19 @ 9:34 PM
badgerstatehunter
User since 2/6/06

It was a weird year.  October 26 and 27 were hot hot hot.  Bucks moving everywhere.  That is a titch early historically but I shot a nice 8 on the 26th and my brother a big ten on the 27th.  I had the week of the 2nd through the 10th off and was doe hunting it.  I figured i would see the king of forest and be mad but it was slow.  Saw one nice one out of range and that was it for large bucks.  Shot a doe though.  Cold and snow made it feel like late season hunting.  Glad I shot when I did.  I always say I get one good chance a year and I'm glad I took it.  

11/15/19 @ 5:01 PM
free2prowl
free2prowl
User since 3/4/19

Its an emotional game we play with ups and downs.

11/13/19 @ 3:26 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Really nice video free.  I enjoyed it a lot.

11/13/19 @ 3:21 PM
outfishin
User since 1/14/13

Most of the daytime activity by me was from October 26th or so until November 4th. It has slowed down considerably since then. I did get a couple pics of a buck mounting a doe...

11/13/19 @ 3:20 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Cellular cameras going crazy and mature bucks out moving yesterday and today in daylight. Waushara County.

Displaying 21 to 30 of 190 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE