EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

50 days! Discuss, pics, etc etc.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 45 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/14/19 @ 7:02 AM
common man
User since 6/17/12

Kewaunee county Saturday and Sunday: lots of guys shooting in area in morning at ducks. Wonder if that educates the deer, all this shooting.  So much water everywhere. Must be potholes in lots of places besides little rivers and creeks. Saw doe Saturday morning at 9:00 and fork Sunday morning at 7:30. Pm nothing but lots of winds. Swung back and forth in tree all weekend trying to remain still but warm. Woefully underdressed Saturday morning.  But it was good to get out for first time. Still lots of green on trees with lots of yellow leaves on maples. Hard to see. Two weeks before I go out again.  Leaves gotta come down. Public land so I no see "lots o does."

10/14/19 @ 6:31 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

had a good weekend overall.. saw a pile of does on Friday evening and one shooter buck. No shots on anything. Saturday morning a handful of does came in at first light and was fortunate to take the biggest one. 30 yard heart shot and she piled up within 50. Meat in the freezer and planning to let the stands settle down a bit before really getting after them in two weeks. Good luck all!

10/13/19 @ 9:09 PM
haf2fsh
MEMBER since 6/23/01

Nasty weekend in Crawford county, Saturday afternoon wind sleet and rain was bare able in ground blind, but grandson in tree stand got soaked.  Not much moving, he saw four doe and a small buck, me just squirrels.

10/11/19 @ 9:23 PM
earlyretirement
earlyretirement
User since 3/2/13

october cold front windy or not is better than being stuck at work this weekend.... good luck all. Expect to see some dead deer pics after this weekend and a good story.

10/11/19 @ 11:03 AM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

sunday/monday should be good time to sit after this oct blast comes thru. winds will die down by sunday

10/11/19 @ 10:02 AM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

yeah be great if it wasn't going to be 100 mph winds

10/11/19 @ 7:29 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

OCTOBER COLD FRONT! Good luck everyone!

10/6/19 @ 6:55 AM
Patrick Thomas
User since 11/14/17

Spend a ton of time scouting in the Sheboygan County Area. Mostly low lying, marshy areas with wooded areas nearby.  With the amt of rain recently the majority of bedding areas are completely under water as are some roads to get there. Prior i had been seeing 7-10 does & fawns & at least 3 bucks each trip but since this weeks rain, everything changed. Wonder if they relocated to uncut corn fields or dense areas inside wooded areas.  In Feb(just a side note) I saw one of the biggest & tallest anterlered bucks chasing a doe.  Broad daylight in the wide open. Never heard of a doe going into estrus that late?  As for her sire, he is still around but like his pals, are rarely seen in decent light.  Ive also noticed that so many bucks this year are still in velvet, the latest ive ever seen this.  Curious if it is a function of the buck/doe ratio or the wetter conditions this year.  I think this year there will be alot of action as I have seen at least 11 different bucks, many small, so there should be alot of competition.  There still are many does but last year there really wasn't much of a chase as there were so many does...Also noteworthy, this spring & summer I witnessed the largest number of fawns in my lifetime.  Should be interesting counting this winter when they "yard up"...

9/25/19 @ 5:40 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Sounds exciting FullDraw!! Good luck!

9/25/19 @ 9:32 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Hunted Monday Night, figured between fronts would get them moving and wasn't wrong. Sat over a alfalfa & clover pot and saw 23 does & fawns, 6 yearly bucks, and then at 6:59 a 145" 8pt i have on camera followed out a string of younger bucks. Closest he got was 68 yards as light faded. Really got the heart pumping! Can't wait to get back after him. Good luck everyone 

edit: 145ISH - i'm not that precise on scoring. He's big. lol 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 45 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.