User since 3/26/19

50 days! Discuss, pics, etc etc.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 56 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 9:59 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Congrats Bean!  Cool story and great buck!

Take 'em - I'm very good at mouth yelping like a turkey without a call.  I always wondered on the few occasions when I've had deer look up at me if I should yelp.  I always forget because I'm usually in the middle of an adrenaline rush...

TODAY @ 9:12 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

that's awesome, Take 'em.. sweet encounter!

TODAY @ 8:28 AM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

Sat saturday evening. Had a doe and fawn come through about 5:30. I hung around me for about 15 minutes gave the pass. 20 minutes before time, i see a small basket 8 at 25 yards. he circles my tree and ends up 3 yards from it. While trying to video him with my phone i hear something behind me. Turn my head and see its a good buck. grab my bow and slowly turn in the tree. He is in super thick brush at 15 yards raking a tree. I glance up the hill and at about 25 yards is an even larger buck. He pawed the ground and made a scrape, peed in it then started walking towards me. No broadside shot. He got to about 6 yards and looked up. I was skylined because they came in behind me which i wasnt expecting. He blew and ran about 40 yards and then just walked off. Hopefully i didnt spook him too bad. Fun sit! All three of the bucks were definitely posturing to each other. The fun days are right around the corner!

10/20/19 @ 7:45 PM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Good job Bean, good story. I had something similar many years ago. Also with good results. 

10/20/19 @ 3:24 PM
TunaBoat
TunaBoat
User since 4/11/02

Congrats Bean.  Glad for the happy ending.

10/20/19 @ 1:54 PM
beanthewalleyslayer
beanthewalleyslayer
User since 1/18/10

Shot 8 per yesterday a.m. 15 yds broadside.  Perfect double lung shot.  Went about 85 yds into the river he went.  Floated about a mile.  Worst feeling ever! Went and got boat crossed the river checking corn fields no tracks coming out of river..... nothing!!  Went for a walk down river edge to end of property. Dead deer in the river!  Thank you God!  Fun day again. Switchback strikes again 

10/19/19 @ 6:51 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Congrats on the doe harvest! Excellent. 

10/18/19 @ 2:22 PM
TunaBoat
TunaBoat
User since 4/11/02

Shot a nice doe at 7 am this morning on the public land in Fond du Lac Co.  She was 20 yds out and slightly quartering away.  Arrow entered behind ribs and came out the chest.  Broke the front shoulder on the off side.  She died within seconds.  I was amazed how bent up the expandable Swhacker broadhead was.  The last 6 inches of the carbon arrow shaft was broken off and never to be found.  The Centerpoint Patriot crossbow I'm using shoots at 390 feet per second.  Totally awesome power for a 340 dollar setup.

10/15/19 @ 11:30 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Congrats on success.  Common man-I know where they duck hunt hard, unphased by all the gun shots.  Kind of similar to deer that set up shot by busy roads or neighborhoods.  They learn to tolerate a lot sometimes.  Hoping I get a shot at a doe or big buck.  So far, only small bucks in range.  

10/15/19 @ 9:21 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Congrats on the doe, John!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 56 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.