SEARCH
MORE
Archery

2014 Bow Season Reports

9/11/14 @ 8:03 PM
INITIAL POST
SB Dad
User since 8/16/09
Good luck to everyone.Lets hear some reports as the season goes along.Traditional,compound,and X-bow hunters,feel free to report!Best months of the year are here! Smile
Displaying 31 to 40 of 470 posts
12/18/14 @ 9:33 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
looking at getting out after xmas for a few sits hopefully we get some snow but not 4 ft, anybody else been out or heading out for the wrap up? goodhuntin all!
12/13/14 @ 3:02 PM
Taylor10484
Taylor10484
User since 1/13/11
I have sat on some private land up in sturgeon bay and have seen some nice deer just not what i am looking for. I have seen 6 bucks two 8 pointers two 6 pointers a fort and a 10 pointer. I have seen 14 does but waiting on 4 140-150 inch bucks that we have on camera the 10 is a nice deer but will be in the 140-150 class next year young buck only a 3 1/2 year old. I just cant wait til the guns are out of the woods and it calms down need some cold weather to move in some teens would be great.
12/13/14 @ 9:31 AM
B Fish
User since 6/26/10
I haven't bow hunted again yet as the guns haven't been done yet in my area (muzzle loader - now late does w/rifle) However I have been driving the roads in the evening looking for activity in the fields. The night before gun season I saw 37 deer within a mile radius (Some hills, fields, and marshes). 3 deer were shot out of that area opening morning. It is all private land and we all know each other. No other deer were shot out of the area that we know of and nobody has seen a deer during day light since 9:00 am opening day of the gun season. I still haven't seen a deer in the fields but the snow revels they are present. It never used to be like this before the mass doe tags, but now the moms know they are a target too. Wow it appears we have educated them? Worried
12/13/14 @ 9:17 AM
probassangler8
User since 4/7/10
Anybody seeing anything during the late season? I have yet to see a deer after the gun season. Probably nocturnal.
12/6/14 @ 9:00 AM
buckcop
buckcop
User since 7/1/04
Deer in my area are POUNDING corn and beans. Should be a great late season. Good luck everyone and stay safe!
12/6/14 @ 7:50 AM
Fishmiester
Fishmiester
User since 6/17/09
Thanks Willfish and predator,HA HA nice doe! I guess I would say because she was an adult, full sized that would make her nice.... Besides I think she was still abit in the mood for some action at least the way that buck ran through the woods about 90 yards to get his nose behind her. He didn't look up once and see me fumbling with the range finder and moving my bow around and he was only about 12 yards from my tree. Hell watching her walk through the woods got me excited.... Tounge Out Thanks again, Dean
12/5/14 @ 11:04 PM
the predator
User since 11/1/11
Congrats fish! Il be out chasing does next week. Glad to hear the deer are still moving during daylight.
12/5/14 @ 10:15 PM
Fishmiester
Fishmiester
User since 6/17/09
Finally got my 1st deer with a bow today. I started bow hunting again 3 years ago and finally put one down. I was watching a nice doe 10 minutes before the end of shooting time and tried to get her to stop in a lane that gave me a shot and she stopped behind a tree and had no good shot. As she started to move again I got her to stop but to many little branches in the way at 35 yards so i didn't take a shot. Her fawn was 20 yards away in a open lane but did not want to take the little one. As I was watching these 2 go by I noticed right under my tree was a buck hot on their trail. Let him get 20 yards out quartering away in a open lane and stopped him and place one right behind his ribs and had a pass through right behind his left front quarter. He went about 50 yards and toppled over. He is a nice sized deer with a small 7 point rack and I'm very happy I was able to take him instead of the doe anyway.
11/30/14 @ 8:22 PM
trackerrat
trackerrat
User since 7/12/06
Time for some late season! I'll be out this week, in a orange vest and cap of course.
11/29/14 @ 11:14 PM
the predator
User since 11/1/11
Thanks treeshark! I shot my buck this year so im looking for a doe, the wife wants sausage and etc not just burger and steaks lol. I think il give late season a shot and see if i can come up with a deer.
Displaying 31 to 40 of 470 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE