SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

Federal stamp price

1/22/15 @ 10:37 AM
INITIAL POST
redhook
User since 12/25/09
I just read that the price for the 15/16 season will increase by $10 to $25 next season. Angry
Displaying 1 to 15 of 28 posts
3/18/15 @ 9:57 PM
charlieboy
User since 1/23/08
http://www.flyways.us/faq/how-does-duck-stamp-program-work There is plenty of info online about how proceeds of stamp sales are spent if you take the time to look. One site is above.
3/18/15 @ 6:15 PM
Shad
User since 8/27/01
If price is too high, then don't pay it and don't hunt, seems like a pretty good deal to me as well
3/18/15 @ 5:19 PM
duckjunkie
duckjunkie
User since 11/3/08
I'm sure if you contact US FWS, they could tell you break down. In my opinion, it's the best bang for your buck in wildlife investment.
3/18/15 @ 8:29 AM
redhook
User since 12/25/09
I can't find any real breakdown of moneys spent, I just don't trust people blindly with my money and would like to know where this increase will be spent. Perch if you could help find a breakdown of stamp fund spending that would be great. I am not looking for an argument, just where the money is going to be spent.
3/18/15 @ 6:32 AM
Perchin'
User since 1/24/02
So if you can't find anything, why would you put something up at all? You suggested people were lining their pockets with increased fees. Why not say anything until you know for sure?
3/17/15 @ 3:22 PM
redhook
User since 12/25/09
I really find it hard to believe they operate on 2 percent of sales, I can't find the operating budget anywhere on that site.
3/17/15 @ 10:37 AM
Perchin'
User since 1/24/02
Protecting Habitat: Your Duck Stamp Dollars at Work For every dollar you spend on Federal Duck Stamps, ninety-eight cents goes directly to purchase vital habitat for protection in the National Wildlife Refuge System. The Migratory Bird Conservation Commission (MBCC) oversees the use of Federal Duck Stamp funds for the purchase and lease of wetland habitat. The MBCC also reviews, but does not approve, the use of Federal Duck Stamp dollars for the purchase of small natural wetlands and their associated uplands for preservation as Waterfowl Production Areas (WPAs). http://www.fws.gov/duckstamps/conservation/conservation.htm
3/17/15 @ 8:52 AM
redhook
User since 12/25/09
I don't think it is about the $10 increase, it should be about where the increase will be spent. I have tried to get a real breakdown on spending of stamp funds, all I find is pie charts not real numbers. It would be great if it was all for land purchases but I don't like the idea that it may be used to fatten pensions or other none duck production costs.
2/11/15 @ 1:58 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
I would have no problem giving seniors and vets a discount stamp. They earned it. How many duck stamps has a 70 year probably paid for in his life....? And it's obvious what anyone who has served overseas has sacrificed.
2/11/15 @ 1:50 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
Full price for everyone!!!! 12 year olds, 112 year olds, Vets missing limbs, everyone! Puke
2/11/15 @ 12:34 PM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
Abest, what else should you not have to pay because you're 69 years old? We're all on a fixed income, we can't just go to the money tree and get more money when we want it can we? At 69 and retired you have more time to hunt than most of the rest of us, if you chose to not go it's not our fault is it? I'm lucky if I hunt waterfowl 2 times a year yet I still buy the stamps as they help support the things I love to do. I don't know if the comment about vets was aimed at me but I have nothing but the greatest admiration for them but that doesn't mean that I think, nor do I think the majority of vets think, that that means they should get stuff for free. I admire all service people such as vets, police, firemen, nurses, teachers, etc. but that doesn't mean they should get stuff for free.
2/11/15 @ 7:57 AM
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09
Abest, If you can still get out there without many issues and have the "drive" to go, you just keep right on going Big Smile As for the negative comments about the Vets, that needs to stop. What they have sacrificed thru all the conflicts that have ever happened, you need to thank your lucky stars or you may not have what you do now! If we ever have a major conflict on our own home ground, you'll be a little happier knowing those folks are going to do their best to kick some butt. If you want to go, pay the extra $10. If not, then don't go. And yes, the increase is long overdue. Spring Hearings are coming up and the Questionaire is available for veiwing on the DNR Web. Smile
2/10/15 @ 9:58 PM
Abest
User since 12/2/07
Ditto I am 69 years old. Been paying for a fed stamp for 53 years. But as a 69 year old duck hunter my time in the swamp has gone down quite a bit the last few years. I think Ive paid my dues along with the vets that let you be free to be able to hunt and fish. The increase is way over due should have been increased years ago. But with my fixed income I could use a break. Or should I quit altogether?
2/9/15 @ 6:35 PM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
Why a discount for disabled or people over 65? They use the resources just like anyone else, they should pay for it like the rest of us. As for veterans I thank them for their service but I don't think that they should be getting discounts on stuff like this also. They fought and served our country for reasons other than discounts.
1/29/15 @ 12:02 PM
870man
User since 2/13/02
I'm in agreement. Put $5.00 away every paycheck or $10 for that matter..I do it all the time....Won't think twice about it....
Displaying 1 to 15 of 28 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE