MORE
Walleye Fishing

Jigs or something else?

6/20/14 @ 4:10 PM
INITIAL POST
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
User since 9/6/13
What's your favorite way to catch Walleye? Jigs, slow death, cranks, trolling, drifting or maybe something totally off the charts.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 24 posts
11/5/14 @ 3:49 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
User since 9/6/13
With the cold weather approaching blades may be the ticket. I love the "feel" you get when a nice walleye nails a blade bait on the fall. Jigs are a tug or a stop, but the blade is to me a more exciting presentation. Unfortunately, by this time of the year when blades seem to work their best, I have put everything away until next year. See you in the spring, I'm off to FLA.
10/24/14 @ 8:50 AM
ajs
ajs
User since 12/19/01
I would say the Jig is the all around most versatile way to fish eyes. Slow drag, Snap jig, slow hop, live bait or plastics. They work all year long when worked one way or another! And they are cheap!
10/22/14 @ 4:49 AM
30''walters
User since 1/22/12
fat loud cranks or jig n twisters. only two things I really fish with other than live bait once in a while. just mix it up with colors and presentation.
10/21/14 @ 9:08 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
User since 9/6/13
Down2erth; Very good info, jigs seems to be the consensus this time of year, but I had no idea blades needed to have the water temp so low. Some reports I am getting from very reliable sources say the warm-up we are experiencing now and this weekend is going to really screw things up. We need to have a consistent drop in temps. Then the bite should really pick-up. Great time of the year to hit some holes that hold some fish on their way up the river.
10/20/14 @ 8:34 PM
icehouse n eyes
icehouse n eyes
User since 7/1/12
I think theres a time and place for all. however it hard to beat the tried and true jig. Tipped with either a crawler, leech, minnow, or plastic. in the fall i prefer b' fishin plastics and jigs.
10/20/14 @ 2:19 PM
Down2erth
Down2erth
PRO MEMBER User since 6/21/01
LJ, it's a bit early on the blade baits.. Blade baits on Lake Wis have always been hot first part of Nov. through ice up.. Rule of thumb I always said if the rod guides aren't icing up it's to early.. lol! But really if you get a cold snap early then about this time in Oct works, but it's not been near cold enough.. I'd pass on the Cicada's but Sonars and Zips in 3/8 and 1/2 work well. Paint ours Blue/Silver/Red bottom.. other good ones are Chart yellow/green combo, and Gold or Chrome..
10/18/14 @ 7:47 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09
using the jigging rap has been good to me lately. for crappie too!
10/17/14 @ 11:35 AM
Tommy Howell
User since 7/11/11
Jigs, but I like to slowly backtroll and work my jigs that way while using boat control to keep my jig where it needs to be. Love tipping them with a spottail shiner. My next favorite is backtrolling a livebait rig with a big ole fat crawler. To me the fun part is the boatcontrol factor. Love my Minn Kota Vantage!
10/16/14 @ 2:38 PM
Nite-eye
Nite-eye
User since 10/31/12
1.Casting cranks 2.Pitching jigs 3. Rigging big creek chubs So many fish so little time Big Smile
10/14/14 @ 2:55 PM
Tiller1675
User since 8/14/12
Jig and a minnow baby!!!!! Hook up!!!!
10/12/14 @ 6:51 PM
goldrope
User since 2/18/09
Pitching jigs.
10/12/14 @ 9:21 AM
Annes Regret
User since 7/7/11
Depends on which body of water your on. If the structure of the lake allows it I troll. You cover more water. Bay De Noc is where I've caught most of my eyes and I'm trolling. Next, Lake Erie. Drift or troll, crawler harness. Anchored, jig and a minnow. Same on rivers. The key is being able to adapt to conditions. What works here might not work there.
10/11/14 @ 6:46 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
User since 9/6/13
Tried a blade bait today on Lake Wi and by far the jig and minnow outperformed.
8/20/14 @ 9:00 AM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
User since 9/6/13
No. I mean baits like cicadas and Heddon Sonars.
8/18/14 @ 3:53 PM
walleyeteche
User since 12/7/10
Spinner rigs? Those are best starting in June.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 24 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE