LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Recipies & Cooking

How long will bluegill and crappie fillets stay good in the fridge?

4/3/13 @ 12:59 PM
INITIAL POST
Eden
Eden's Big Daddy
User since 1/6/12
On Friday I filleted a bunch of bluegill and crappie. I forgot all about them and on Tuesday morning put them in the freezer. Are they still good after being in the fridge for 4 days? Thanks for any info!
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
5/3/13 @ 9:50 PM
BoatFever
BoatFever
User since 10/7/07
Good way to keep fish fresh in the fridge. After rinsing the fillets, pat them dry with paper towels. Wrap them in plastic wrap and put them in a zip lock bag, making sure to squeeze all the air out of the zip lock bag. Put that bag in a larger zip lock bag filled with crushed ice. Put in the fridge. Drain the water from the melted ice and replace with more ice as needed. It's just a way of keeping the fish a bit colder than refrigerator temperature without freezing.
4/4/13 @ 2:00 PM
Eden
Eden's Big Daddy
User since 1/6/12
Thanks for the info fellas! Im glad I will still be able to have a good fish fry tomorrow! <*(((><
4/3/13 @ 1:08 PM
mapper
User since 1/4/02
Yes they should be fine as long as they have remained cold, which being in the fridge they should have. A lot of the fresh (not previously frozen) fish we see in the grocery stores is that "old". Don't feel bad, most of us have done the same thing. Mapper
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE