SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

As I sit upon this icy lake

3/2/12 @ 7:51 PM
INITIAL POST
C-Town
User since 12/5/09
How many of you can go fishing for walleye and catch at least one legal eye each time you go targeting them? Because as I sit here on this icy lake with nothing on the vexi nor any flags for 4+ hours I wonder if its just me that has a hard time icing eyes like the next guy. Wondering
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
3/7/12 @ 10:50 AM
7Heavens
7Heavens
User since 9/18/08
I put in at least ten hours per walleye this year. Prolly closer to twenty!
3/6/12 @ 8:26 PM
flatlander68
User since 1/24/06
I saw the post and thought it was a riddle like " as I sit so broken hearted tried to" well you know the ending, right. Have to laugh in general not at the season, at least we got to fish!
3/6/12 @ 1:07 PM
big-fat-john
User since 4/21/03
like micheal jackson said, you are not alone! i've fished bago close to 20 days this year and only caught one walleye. i also caught a fat 3.5lb sauger, but we're talking walleyes. they are the most elusive of the active fish through the ice IMO both came jigging.
3/6/12 @ 11:59 AM
C-Town
User since 12/5/09
I live near Rice Lake and there are so many "good" walleye lakes around. But when it comes to looking for structure and what to fish depending on conditions I am at a loss. Come open water I can catch all the eyes I want but it seems like some part of what I am doing is wrong. I feel like I am putting in plenty of time on the ice and am due for a few really nice eyes or maybe a little consistency. I look at the lake maps too and I will pick a prime spot...move around a bunch and still no dice.
3/2/12 @ 9:52 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
It's not just you. Walleyes are hard to catch on a consistant basis. Much different than pike.
3/2/12 @ 9:09 PM
mwgazoo
User since 1/8/02
I move and move and move and move till I find fish.
3/2/12 @ 8:13 PM
scare
User since 1/6/12
I get skunked about every third time when i target walleyes. Thats what makes catching them so rewarding, that and the filets.
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE