SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Sportsman Banquets

1/27/16 @ 2:51 PM
INITIAL POST
brewcrew20
User since 1/13/14
I am looking for some insight. My local sportsman's club has their annual banquet coming up and I am in charge of setting up the items for the fishing table raffle. I have been involved with this setup for the last couple of years and I always try to have a good mix of items on the table along with 1 big ticket item. I always try to get stuff that I know that I would want or that I have found that I can’t live without while fishing. I want to make sure that the attendees get a great prize that they can feel is worthwhile. What would you fellow fisherman like to see for raffle prizes? The big ticket item for the table has usually been a new locator. The mix of smaller items have included a walleye rod/reel/lure package, a bass rod/reel/lure package, new hub style ice shack, net and cleaning package (Frabill rubber coated net, cleaning board, Rapala electric filet knife), a Big Buddy space heater, and Minn Kota onboard battery charger. This year I am changing the big ticket item to be a Jiffy propane auger package, so I have that covered. I have no problem with doing some of the same items this year, but I would like to see if I am missing anything. Keep in mind that I am working with a limited budget, so I can’t offer a new Lund or Alumacraft. Wink Thanks in advance.
Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
2/7/16 @ 12:29 PM
boattech
User since 12/22/04
The Delta chapter I was part of also did a low priced item and had a big ticket item included but no buddy knew that till that item sold in either the silent or live auction. One year it was a plunger with something i don't remember and the next year we put a hundred dollars in a screwdriver. Gets people talking and coming back year after year.
2/7/16 @ 12:21 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
A friend told me about an organization that bought quality coolers {Yeti,Orca}of various sizes, then filled them with useful stuff. Some coolers you can leave open for showing off the goodies, others you leave closed and the winner opens it to see their prizes. .
2/7/16 @ 8:54 AM
boattech
User since 12/22/04
I would add games and prizes for kids also. Could be a stuffed animal toss like corn hole to plinko for tickets. Makes them feel like part of the night as well.
2/6/16 @ 10:12 PM
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10
Don't forget that a lot of people just like the feeling of being able to say they won something. Make sure to get a good number of low cost, useful items that people can walk away with, and just be happy about winning; it also spreads good word. Maybe put together a handful of demo packs of tungsten jigs, and sinkers, etc ... maybe get a couple spools of new line. Nothing impressive, but again people love winning stuff.
2/4/16 @ 10:38 AM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09
The Wisconsin Trappers Association has our Spring Banquet in March in Wausau. The raffles are set up with several items in one lot. If your number wins, you can pick one of the items. We put a mix of items for trappers, non-trappers, men, women and we make sure there are things for the kids to choose from. We try to make it a family event. We have had TVs, kayaks, Mag Lights, Kitchen Aid mixer, fishing combos,ect. There is also a silent raffle with donated items... paintings, maple syrup, whatever folks donate. The nice thing about it is that winners can choose something they would like to have.
2/1/16 @ 10:52 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Thanks. I posted more pictures of it on the "Favorite Jig Box/Organizer" thread on the Ice Fishing Forum.
2/1/16 @ 10:32 AM
brewcrew20
User since 1/13/14
Thanks for the ideas, guys. Bugle, I might have to take that idea and run with it, much better than dumping everything in buckets and trying to to break stuff.
1/28/16 @ 4:03 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Thanks Gobbler. It's gotten a lot of compliments out on the ice. I'm probably one of Plano's better salespeople. Big Smile
1/28/16 @ 11:27 AM
gobbler
PRO MEMBER User since 6/30/01
That tackle box is a cool idea to store tulips and gear,easy to Cary right to holes with all gear could probably drill holes in bottom to drain water
1/28/16 @ 10:07 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
One of my favorite ice fishing items that I use is actually not a product designed for ice fishing. It's a tool box. Specifically, the Plano model in the pictures. It's got two detachable plastic boxes on top. I use one for my jigging raps and pimples and the other for my tip up lights and other accessories. Inside, there's a removeable tray where I store a couple of jig boxes, pliers, mouth spreader, leader material, church key, flashlight, etc. And, if properly stacked, I can fit 6 Beaver Dam tip ups or a couple of 24' panfish rod combos underneath the tray. It's kinda like my wife's purse, only for all of my ice fishing stuff. A couple of other random but handy items that I can think of would be a bump board (Frabill makes a nice one that extends for larger fish) and colored marker buoys.
1/28/16 @ 8:57 AM
brewcrew20
User since 1/13/14
I neglected to mention that I do have a guided walleye trip that was donated. Thankfully there is a member who's friend is a successful walleye guide.
1/27/16 @ 8:07 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03
Not sure how many of your members have their own boats, but a Planer Board / trolling package might be cool. Inflatable life vest package. St Croix rod combo... I like Gobbler's idea of a guided trip. That way all members regardless of boat owner or not make out.
1/27/16 @ 6:39 PM
gobbler
PRO MEMBER User since 6/30/01
I always like to see a guided fishing trip for a raffle prize.
Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE