SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Canyon Lake , Ontario

6/22/14 @ 9:38 AM
INITIAL POST
vman
User since 6/16/01
fished Canyon this past week walleyes were post spawn having spawned only a few weeks ago. Eyes were caught on leech's and crawlers with leech's slightly better. For every 2 on crawler 3 would be caught on leech's. Jig or slip bobber were the tickets. had a number of musky's on that hit small walleyes we were reeling in.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
6/15/15 @ 9:44 PM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15
Never fished there that late in the year however the saddle in Canyon usually will get you a musky on a bucktail. The narrows in Outlet Bay is usually a good place to catch a fish or two. Try going under the rail road tracks and fish the waterfalls. It seems there it is a good place to catch a Musky and some Walleyes. Have a good time I have had some great times there.
6/14/15 @ 10:09 PM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15
Anyone fished Canyon Lake recently? I use to fish it every year and haven't got to go in a long time. Use to catch lots of musky not any monsters but numbers caught some good ones and had a blast. . Lots of smallmouth and walleye.
7/31/14 @ 9:04 AM
LiquidAddiction
User since 2/28/14
Thanks for the info! I'll be staying at McIntosh Lodge. Hope to find some of those walleyes and muskie. Never fished for trout, but would be cool to give it a shot. Good luck on your trip.
7/30/14 @ 5:42 PM
006ltk
User since 4/6/09
I went that week last year. Walleye were in 30 ft of water we vertical jigged them with minnows. We only caught one musky but had 10 or 12 follows on buck tails. Didn't fish bass. We bought our minnows from the resort and I don't remember them being expensive at all. We had some fun trout fishing on nearby lakes. We are going last week on Aug this year. Good luck.
7/28/14 @ 9:30 AM
LiquidAddiction
User since 2/28/14
I'm heading up to Canyon lake the first week of September. Do you have any tips for a first time Canyon lake trip? Our group will be targeting walleye, smallmouth, and musky. Was live bait expensive up there? Thanks!
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE