SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Drones

5/28/14 @ 1:12 AM
INITIAL POST
Jackbass
User since 1/29/02
Anyone flying one? Certainly provides a different perspective...
Displaying 1 to 15 of 109 posts
5/30/19 @ 9:12 PM
mystery fish-n-sea
mystery fish-n-sea
User since 4/10/10

I decided to go with the Mavic Pro.  I had never flown a drone before and this thing is a piece of cake to use!  I love flying it so much already.

The rest of my videos are fishing related.  Check them out here

5/5/19 @ 6:56 PM
mystery fish-n-sea
mystery fish-n-sea
User since 4/10/10

I am planning on buying a drone in the near future, and it doesn't look like anyone has commented on which drone to buy in the last three years.  Anyone on here familiar with the different kinds?  I am thinking either the Mavic Pro or the Phantom 4, but haven't really made up my mind. Also, anyone have any tips as to which accessories are a MUST and which I can skip out on?  Amazon is a rabbit hole and I don't want to go down it and up with $500 in useless junk, but I know things like extra batteries are probably best.  Any advice?

4/4/17 @ 9:33 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I am starting to get images of Gene Simmons (or one of the millions of Gene Simmons wanabees) being my neighbor. Only solution then is to get my own drones and wage war on his drones.

4/4/17 @ 8:40 AM
velocity
User since 5/12/16

My wife and I were up at the cabin in N.W. Wisc. a couple of weeks ago. She walked down to the shoreline and heard a faint hum or buzz and looked up to find a drone holding steady in front of our cabin just as if it was watching her. She acted like she didn't see it, and then it just flew away. We both feel like we are being watched now. I'm sure it was probably someone that lives on the lake (only about 5 possibilities this time of year). I immediately wanted to grab my 12 ga. and hunker down in the brush and wait for it to come back around. What do we do in a situation like this? 

3/31/17 @ 8:23 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Yes.. If I recall the Dallas police used a robot loaded with C4 to blowup a guy..

edit: yep, Micah Xavier Johnson, who killed 5 cops..

3/31/17 @ 8:21 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

did some states allowed robots also?

3/31/17 @ 7:34 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

Police considering weaponized drones?

Connecticut Police Drones

2/10/17 @ 3:42 PM
'da Coach
User since 12/23/08

I was gonna make a jokey comment about "the problem with drones is that they just go on, and on, and on", but now I see that, based on that Gazette article, they sometimes actually do!

2/10/17 @ 1:37 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

They suspect the Jet Stream and it became a long range Glider..

2/10/17 @ 1:32 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

The drone has been missing since Jan. 31 from a training range at Fort Huachuca. It's a mystery how the RQ-7 Shadow reconnaissance drone made it to Colorado, traveling about 900 miles or more than 10 times the drone's stated range.

10 over ...wow 

2/10/17 @ 1:20 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
6/25/16 @ 9:28 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

On the other drone thread someone asked about quality vs cost . A nephew is into them big time . His cost over 1200:00 . My wife was going to get me one for Father's day,  and wanted to spend about 250:00 . He told her that would not be a very good one or last long . He has put some real good video  of the lake  on Facebook  .

6/24/16 @ 12:02 PM
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12

My buddy and I were talking about this the other day.

How fun would be if they could make an bullet proof drone that's able to move around at high speeds and maneuver very quickly.

1 guy has control of the drone and tries to make it hard to shoot. 

Other guy has a plugged pump action shotgun with a full choke. 3 shots to try to hit it. 

This could be the future of shotgun sports.

Just an extremely random thought of mine 

6/24/16 @ 11:47 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

TTT

6/6/16 @ 4:02 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

What would a game warden do?  If youre droning near a duck marsh and you possess a waterfowl license then likely you would be in violation of the law.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 109 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE